Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate.ter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
    Why do the British Isles not experience tectonic activity at present?
    Plate tectonics and the British Isles
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Actually the UK does have some plate shifting, but as it is not located on the intersection of any major plates it is not adverse in its nature.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2011, 03:24 PM
    If you Google "geology.com" and search for "plate tectonics", you will see why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Activity-Based Costing /Activity Cost pools [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I need some help with trying to figure out how to calculate the overhead cost per unit. I have computed the Activity rate as well as the overhead applied for both products. The following is the info provided: Product / Direct Labor hours / annual prod. ...

British Isles trip (Cost?) [ 1 Answers ]

Right now I'm trying to plan a trip over to Europe. I've never been out of the US before. I'm a 22 year old student and I want to take this trip after I finish school. I won't be done until Oct 2010 so I have a lot of time to plan. Right now I'm working on the basics. My plan right now is to go...

Activity Based Costing in Accounting - Activity Drivers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm required to introduce Activity Based Costing in Finance branch of a Government Department. Does anyone know what Activity Drivers can be used for non-transactional based activities, such as preparation of Budgets, Annual Report, or other Accounting "common activities". The way system...

Tectonic plate movement [ 3 Answers ]

How would you work out this question? An island chain is 2100 km long and the ages of the rocks of the 2 end islands differ by 42 million years, what is the average rate of plate movement in cm yr-1

View more questions Search