Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    znet2705zc Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Thre is no sound in linux ubuntu
    Hi , I have sony laptop and install ubuntu , but there is no sound in it , how do I can solve this problem ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2012, 07:47 AM
    You might not be able to... unless Ubuntu has the sound drivers for the chipset of your laptop, its not going to work. I've had the same issue with certain wireless cards or sound devices, most often in laptops.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 10, 2012, 09:22 AM
    The Ubuntu community is very active. You'll need to find the exact make/model of your audio chipset then do a web search with that information and add "drivers ubuntu". I'm sure you'll find a solution.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 8, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Also check to see if there are any restricted drivers available to install.
    bigporkygeorge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2013, 09:20 PM
    Ok. I bought this computer off a school getting updated computers. How do I find any or all the computers information of its contents,age,vidio card,sound card. And so on. I don't even know who had this computer before me
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2013, 02:21 AM
    What operating system is currently installed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anti-malware for Linux distro Ubuntu? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to secure my laptop a little better from online threats. People keep telling me that there is no need for an anti-virus as there is almost no virus that will affect Linux but I'd still like protection against other forms of malware. So can I get please get a list of anti-malware for Linux?

How to install Linux ubuntu in Windows XP machine as a dual boot [ 2 Answers ]

I Have Windows Xp Installed In My Pc, And I Have Download Iso File Of Linux Ubuntu, I Want To Install That In Same Machine , Please Tell Me How I Can Install The Same As A Dual Boot... :)

Win and linux ubuntu boot screen! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I just installed ubuntu 7.10 on my PC! When I was using windows xp pro I had 3 partitions on my system. I installed ubuntu on one of them and now I can see only one! I have no boot selection screen to choose either windows or linux! :( How can I boot to windows again? I'm worried cause I...

Hardware Drivers for Ubuntu linux? [ 1 Answers ]

I use win xp at the moment and I'm downloading Ubuntu 7.10.iso the os looks really cool and I want to install it on a different partition from xp! I wonder if I'll face any hardware driver problem? Does Ubuntu recognise all devices on my PC? Thanking you in advance :D

View more questions Search