Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maddox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Handles for shower broken
    The handles on the shower are broken. There is cold water running constantly. The center piece on the cold valve is broken off and the handle is off the hot water. There is a metal cover that is over top the handle that sits on the tile wall and had caulking around it. Do I need to remove this to replace the handle? I did not remove any of it so I am a bit confused on how it went together. Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Handles either have a screw in the bottom the you can loosen or a insert tyat pops off to reveal a screw. Replace with the same type. Good luck, Tom
    Maddox Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Tom (speedball1) Thanks for the help! It worked! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

Broken stem to shower head [ 1 Answers ]

Stem holding shower head broke off at threads. Some threads still screwed into pipe in wall how to get it out without damaging wall?? :(

Broken Shower Knob [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a shower knob break and can not find a replacement knob that fits. I've been to Lowe's and Home Depot and the knobs I buy won't fit. It's not the knob itself that doesn't fit. It's the pipe that grabs the knob is too big and won't insert. The house is a 1970s house and I need to...

Love Handles [ 3 Answers ]

How do you get rid of love handles? I hate mine! Thanks! :)

Shower was leaking from handles/I replaced and now it won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement kit for a shower with leaking handles. I made sure to buy the same bonnets and seats. I changed everything out. Now it does not work at all. No water comes out of the shower head. The diverter does not leak at all but the water comes out of the shower handles only. I...

View more questions Search