Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chels82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
    All I can think about is babies!
    I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiancé and I have talked about this and both want to be in a better place financially and professionally when we do decide to have children, but this does not seem to stop be from thinking about it every second of every day. I am sure that most people would say that I am crazy, and that I am young and I have plenty of time to have children, but that is not stopping my body from feeling the way it does. We recently found out that some friends of our who just got married are expecting their first child, and I can't stop wishing it was me, even though my head is telling me no my body is screaming yes and I HATE feeling like I don't have control over the way that I feel. The situation is further complicated by the fact that I am a nursing student and am currently doing my rotation in labor and delivery so I am either around babies all day or studying them all day which just makes it worse. My father, who is a physician tells me that this is completely normal and not to be concerned, but these thoughts are controlling my every moment and at a time when I should be excited about getting married, all I can do is think about how much longer we will have to wait until the time is right. I have tried to stay busy with school and work and wedding planning, but these thoughts just seem to rule my mind. I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced anything like this or if anyone had some advice for me. I feel like I can't really talk to anyone about this because I just burst out in tears and its just too hard. Maybe this is silly but I have to do something, I cannot live like this for the next five years, or until we are ready to actually have children.
    kewlkat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 06:51 PM
    You are always going to keep thinking about babies. Follow your head on this. Wait until you are out of school and you are in a better place to handle a baby. Babies are great I have 3 but there is a part of me that wish I would have waitted to get out of chool I ended up quitting to take care of my baby. Lol there is apart of me now that think of what it would be like to have another child. I tied my tubes .
    AD2012 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chels82
    I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiance and I have talked about this and both want to be in a better place financially and professionally when we do decide to have children, but this does not seem to stop be from thinking about it every second of every day. I am sure that most people would say that I am crazy, and that I am young and I have plenty of time to have children, but that is not stopping my body from feeling the way it does. We recently found out that some friends of our who just got married are expecting their first child, and I can't stop wishing it was me, even though my head is telling me no my body is screaming yes and I HATE feeling like I dont have control over the way that I feel. The situation is further complicated by the fact that I am a nursing student and am currently doing my rotation in labor and delivery so I am either around babies all day or studying them all day which just makes it worse. My father, who is a physician tells me that this is completely normal and not to be concerned, but these thoughts are controlling my every moment and at a time when I should be excited about getting married, all I can do is think about how much longer we will have to wait until the time is right. I have tried to stay busy with school and work and wedding planning, but these thoughts just seem to rule my mind. I was wondering if anyone had ever experienced anything like this or if anyone had some advice for me. I feel like I can't really talk to anyone about this because I just burst out in tears and its just too hard. Maybe this is silly but I have to do something, I cannot live like this for the next five years, or until we are ready to actually have children.
    Yeah, I have the same thing. Our bodies and our hormones don't care about our relationships and finances... it's hard to have to keep it in balance. The important thing is to have the right conditions in which to bring a new baby into the world. I hope for your sake that's sooner rather than later,. but don't rush. As long as we're not approaching menopause it should be fine, right? LOL. At least you're getting married and setting yourself up for the right kind of situation.
    Amburritom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 09:40 PM
    Ah I have the same thing... I Always feel so crazy I Always have dreams that I'm pregnant, Always touching my stomach wishing there was someone in there to push back, I think I'm one of the only girls that pushes my stomach out in the mirror just to see what I would kind of look like lol I'm Always going through All different bAbywebsites finding the best gear And reading All the what to expect blogs, even though I'm not expecting,but maybe its for the best god is having us wait, I Always think of it As At least I know ill be A good mom when it does happen cause ill be plenty prepared
    tervit_9494 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2012, 04:56 PM
    I am 18 and feel the same way, it just controls my whole life. I know I am young and have so many things to look forward to, but I had to grow up pretty fast, which has resulted in me feeling a lot older than what I actually am. I cry almost everyday. Watch all the baby programmes. Sometimes I think to myself that I can't get pregnant and that's why I want one so much because I have family history were the women (obviously) get to a certain age and can't have anymore. Even went to the doctors about it and he said maybe I should think about having a baby sooner rather than later if I do want to have kids. I just need some advice on what to do. please...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Need Help With My Two Babies [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I'm married got 2 little cute girls one of them is a year and two months old and the other is almost amonth. I want to know how to take care of them both and take care of the house, the cooking and myself, I don't sleep much cause I don't have time to do all that. My one year old she's...

Beanie babies [ 2 Answers ]

I have a number of beanie babies and would like to sell them any suggestions?

Babies [ 4 Answers ]

Are a babies eyes full size at birth I heard that they are. Nose and ears grow, but eyes are full size at birth true or false?

Babies. [ 15 Answers ]

I just had a baby on Friday and I was wondering if I could give my baby water, and if so what type?

View more questions Search