Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunnydgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 01:54 PM
    How do I get the redness fully out of my hair so I can be blonde again?
    My hair is naturally blonde but as I got older it'd get a little darker to about a dirty blonde. I dyed my hair blonder when I was 12 but thought it looked
    A little orange so I waited a little and
    Dyed it an ash blonde and eventually
    That faded away to dirty blonde again. So when I turned 14 I started dying my hair light blonde but eventually I dyed my hair brown. After a while I wanted my hair blonde again so my sister stripped the brown out and dyed it honey blonde but awhile later I dyed it reddish brown and just yesterday I used a light blonde hair dye on it and now it's orangish! What can I do to get the orange out of my hair and make it light blonde again?
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Dec 18, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Any hair place should be able to bleach your hair... its not like cloths bleach, but stuff specifically made to make hair yellow/white... blonde... My hair is dark brown, almost black, and I've had my father, a cosmetologist, bleach it a few times... It works, but I would recommend going to a salon to do it.
    Sunnydgirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 02:16 PM
    How long should I wait? And I heard that there are products to wash the dye out would that work?
    Uncanny. Posts: 9, Reputation: -1

Dec 18, 2011, 05:27 PM
    I don't know about getting the dye out, but I also think bleaching is the option. The thing with th blonde dye you used is that it probably contained bleach already so you won't be able to get your natural colour back even with dye removing products because bleach removes the pigment. If you don't want that bleached hair colour, you can also wait a couple of days after bleaching lightly and then put in darker blonde dye. The darker colour will set in your hair because there will be no pigment left to counter balance it and make it red. The problem with this is that it is very harmful for your hair. It may be dry after that and you will have some split ends.

If you really don't like the dark "dirty" blonde and want to limit the damage to your hair, I suggest going darker instead. Blonde can be overrated and dark is sultry ;) Whatever you choose to do, I recommend that you avoid leaving the products in your hair for too long. You really don't want your hair to start falling off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have bleach blonde hair what color of semi permanent warm golden blonde? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to go from bleached blond back to light brown, do I go to a warm golden blonde and then in that same day color it light brown

Had Bown Hair Bleached It Blonde And Then Dyed Red Then Purple Can I Go Bk Blonde ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I Die My Hair Back Blonde With Bleach Or Will It Not Turn . I Have Lost Some Hair On One Side Ov Bleaching Blonde Last Time So Now Am Scared To Die It Back :s Cud I Use An XXL Live Die Because The Purple Was 2/3 Munths Ago And Really Faded?? / Helppp Please

I dyed my brown hair blonde and it came out bright ginger with blonde roots, [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get all over blonde, when my hair is ginger with blonde roots

How to tone down peroxide blonde hair back to natral ash blonde! [ 2 Answers ]

I have really short dyed peroxide blonde hair as a result of dying my hair from natural ash blonde to brown and hated it! So I decided to dye it to the peroxide blonde as I was told that would get totally rid of the brown (big mistake). My hair feels dead as a result of this! I have drayed a...

View more questions Search