Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GokuDragonball Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2011, 06:50 AM
    Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card
    I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to submit to the FED about my continuing legal residency on EAD since 2007 (after filing of my EAD). Some time before I have also written a letter to local senator, who in turn replied me back stating that my GC is under waiting list due unavailability of Visa numbers for India for Eb3.
    I have been living in this country legally since 1999, paying taxes. Most of the projects I was working after 2002 were with State Agency/Financial Company/ Fed where they always do my Criminal Back ground check, driving record check, drug check, and financial risk verification, before accepting me as a contractor. Most of the projects I worked lasted any time between 1 year to 2 years.

I never travelled outside of USA during 1999 to 2010. In 2010 I went to India on Travel document (131) for 3 weeks re enetered US with no issues.

How should I defend to the FED that I am a legal resident, waiting for my GC which is not my hands.

Is there document from USCIS what people can or cannot do while they are on EAD?
    I appreciate if an attorney clarifies this uncertainty for me.

Check out some similar questions!

Can any one file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization out of USA? [ 1 Answers ]

My Wife working in USA on L1 visa and I am having L2 visa. I am leaving in India. Can I file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization from outside of USA(i.e. from India)? Or after filing a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization from USA can I go back to India?

Employment restrictions while on dui probation [ 3 Answers ]

In Pennsylvania, is it permitted to gain employment at a bar while on dui probation?

Employment authorization card [ 1 Answers ]

Can anybody with a valid employment authorization card can work within the validity of the card even though his adjustment of status was denied and been asked to re-apply for it ?

EAD (employment authorization card) [ 1 Answers ]

HI, Please I need help My EAD(employment authorization document) is going to expire in 20 days I have been waiting for the new card for almost 90 days. I made an appointmen to obtain an INTERIM EAD. However, I can't find anywhere the answer to this question: How long do they take in order to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.