Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Dec 17, 2011, 12:26 AM
    How to transfer videos from iPod to computer
    I have an iPod nano gen 5. How do I transfer the videos I took with the iPod camera to my computer?
    XtremeHack3r Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Plug it into your computer via usb. Click on start menu. My computer. (in portable devices) you should see your iPod. Double click on the icon. Go to internal storage>DCIM>[this folder name can vary] and viola. All your photos.
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2011, 04:03 AM
    Is this for mac or PC? I'm on windows 7 and I'm having a hard time finding these options
    mandrea09 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 11:40 AM
    A simple way would be to load itunes onto your computer and then when you plug it in, let it sync up with your PC and it should load your videos onto the computer for you. I have an iPhone and heavily use itunes to copy everything from and to my iPhone from my PC. One thing I would mention is to make sure you know where it is copying these videos/music etc. to. I have modified my save directory, which can be done by opening itunes up, go to edit, and then preferences, click on last tab called advanced, and then modify where everything is saved to. This will be called the itunes media directory location. The only problem trying to move videos and music through windows explorer is it can be difficult when trying to use apple products because they rely on itunes for synching of information. If you want to try the above mentioned method though, it should show your iPod in your computer as devices with removable storage and it should show up as whatever you named it.
    jeffcard Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2012, 08:28 PM
    If you mean the camera recorded video, Connect your iPod touch to computer through USB cable, and then open 'My computer', click on what should say 'Apple iPod touch'(possibly have a picture of a camera next to it). And then go to folder 'Internal Storage -> DCIM -> 800AAAAA'. You should find all your pictures and videos that you recorded with your iPod touch.

If you mean the video you sync from iTunes to your iPod. You can follow this tutorial to transfer the video back to computer. Email me if you need further assistant.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 24, 2012, 07:25 AM
    You would be able to get it through iTunes or you can brows the iPod like a USB dirve and copy them out.
    softulike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2013, 11:11 PM
    Hi, scortcho, if you want to transfer the recorded video with the iPod camera to your computer, here I will show you the way, detail please see the following: How to Copy and Transfer Video from iPod to Computer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to transfer YouTube videos to iPod [ 3 Answers ]

I have Mac Intel,OS OX 10.4.11. Tunes 8.I use software Tubesock to transfer videos from Youtube.These videos end up in various parts of Itunes and later some of them do not transfer to my iPod touch.The parameters which I set on the Tubesock are always the same Video for iPod(H.263) and "add to...

Videos on iPod [ 3 Answers ]

How do u get videos on your iPod

View more questions Search