Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jess1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 04:00 PM
    How can I make people aware of my website?
    I started selling home décor and garden about 5 weeks ago online and not a single person has even visited the site. :( I have what I believe to be great products at a good price at **site deleted.com and I set up a paypal because I felt it would help people feel secure about purchasing from me and still I have had no customers :( I am a single mom and I thought it would help generate extra income but I'm having no luck at all. Does anyone have any ideas at all on how to generate potential customers to **site deleted.com Thanks a whole bunch for any answers I get.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2011, 04:21 PM
    Well, you've managed to post the website address twice here. I see you're on other sites with pretty much the same "question." That's certainly a form of advertising, no matter how it's phrased.

You are shooting yourself in the foot and have already been advised you are spamming.

I'll quote what you were told on the other Q&A site - "Last thing you want to do is spam [edit]. First, you'll get a reputation as a spammer. Second, you'll wind up with a bunch of backlinks that google will know you are inserting yourself and it will take you even longer to appear in the search engines. Third, since yours is a new site, yahoo has more authority than you and will come up before your site in searches."
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 09:31 PM
    I have deleted any reference to your site, and what you are trying to do, assuming this is a real home business, is about the worst way to advertise.

You are spamming and posting against site rules your web address. You can pay for goggle advertising, you can pay for face book advertising. You can advertise on various sites by paying.

As a spammer most people will never go there since a company that is willing to break rules to advertise would worry them as to how honest and trust worthly they are.
    marc_knives Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Consider buying. Yes it makes you cost but this is part of business. Explore internet for some sites having this offer consider seoclerks.com may it would help. Good luck!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 9, 2013, 02:44 AM
    Consider giving the site viewer some value from your site other than the opportunity to buy something. Provide information and value to your visitor. Google add words work you will have to advertize, never spam and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why can some people make jokes, but its so wrong for me to make the same joke? [ 3 Answers ]

I photoshopped a joke in what I thought was good humor but my mother told me that its really not. Like I was being an *** hole for doing it. But a friend saw it and thought its great and so funny. He could make this joke and get away with it but I'm an *** hole for making this joke. I really ...

What should I be aware of with sick people in the house? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and My dad are both sick and I am now just getting better, I'll probably be 100% and completely better by today, I was sick for 6 days. Yet my brother and dad are still sick!! Me and my brother don't touch really lol but we use the same soap, bathroom, and yea. And me and my dad only to...

How do I get people to my website [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get people to my website

How can I attract people to my website? [ 13 Answers ]

I am interested in possible doing an e-mail campaign with constant contact, but need to know where I can obtain e-mail address of people interested in my service. I would also be very interested in hearing the best ways to attract traffic to my website. Thank you all...

Linux ! How far you people aware of linux? [ 30 Answers ]

It is a forum for people please just tell me what all you know about linux?? How far it is useful??

View more questions Search