Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpeck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Support from Step Parent?
    My husbands ex wife is looking for a way to get child support based on our combined income as a married couple.
    Is that possible?
    Right now we pay her child support on time, every month based on his $85K salary.
    She works less than 20 hrs a week and lives with her parents.
    I am waiting to hear back from an attorney, but thought I would ask.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Hello b:

I don't think there is an absolute answer here. Sometimes these cases drag on for years, in different courts, with different claims and different challenges.

Father Chuck, who may be along in a minute, will tell you that he's been divorced and back to court over the same issues (which every court changes) many, many times.

Fair isn't a factor either. A quality lawyer is your only defense.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent adoption [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter got pregnant by someone she doesn't want to be with. During her pregnancy she married a man and he wants to be the father of the baby. The bio father has said to leave him alone. We were told that since she was married at the time of the birth that the babies last name will be the...

Being a step parent [ 4 Answers ]

I need Help and or advice on being in a relationship and living with a man that I love who has three children. I have known him for 10 years and have lived with and helped support his children for 3 years while he was finishing college. His ex (not divirced yet) has been running around on him for...

Step Parent Adoption In Ca [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of California, how does my husband go about adopting my daughter from a previous relationship. My daughter's father would give his consent.

Step parent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?

View more questions Search