Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kris519201 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 06:14 PM
    If I pay off my probation what are my chances of an early release
    I started my two year probation last month, got a dui a year ago. My p o said if I were to finish all my classes by may he will knock me off probation by nov 12 2012, but I am over half way done on my classes my first offense ever breaking the law besides speeding tickets, but if I were to pay off my probation and finish everything early what are my chances of early relase?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 06:27 PM
    Your chances would be pretty good. But the judge is the one who will be signing the probation termination order, not the PO. So the PO can't just "knock you off" probation all by himself. He has to get the judge's signature. But he can send in a recommendation for an early termination if you are on very good terms with him and he choses to do this for you. Some will and some won't. You may end up having to get an attorney to help you get off early.

Dec 14, 2011, 06:43 PM
    Ty. I fought my dui for year.. and started my sentence last month before I was sentenced I was complying go to classes etc. my p o has been doing this for over 25 years and told me I am at the bottom of his ladder saying that he won't be coming to my house etc. and when I see him next month he take me off the color system so I won't have to drop as often so I am a being an angel thanks for the help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 06:47 PM
    Glad to hear your PO has a heart. Keep in his good stead and you may just have him make up the paperwork needed for the judge to sign you off probation. Always keep appointments and always be truthful with him. It goes far with those guys as they really detest the "hard asses" who don't show up, have stupid excuses for everything, etc. and tend to not "do" anything for them. Glad he's in your corner. Just keep him there.!

Dec 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Ty for the advice this has been hard for me and my kids as I said this is the first time I have ever been in trouble. I have truly learned my lesson I am a female and I have 8 days of jail time left and it is hard to go in once a week for 24 hours and not able to be with my kids...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 06:59 PM
    I may disagree that the PO has a heart as much as the PO is just too busy to fool with minor cases or onces where there is perhaps little chance of problems. Also after that many years as a PO often he knows the judges and if he has a good relationship, most things he recommends he knows happen.
    Of course anything can happen, old judge die in a traffic wreck and a new judge who does not even know this PO.

Normally at least locally, they will want at least 1/2 of the probation time served.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early Probation release [ 4 Answers ]

What documents do I need to file an early probation release in VA?

Early release from probation [ 3 Answers ]

How can I be released from probation at an earlier time?

Early release on probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I got a DUI in Utah, I was sentenced to a fine, community service, MADD class, a Prime for Life DUI class and 4 months of probation with random UAs, while doing that going to the probation providers counseling class once a week and AA twice. Well, I am done with community service, MADD, DUI class...

Early release of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I want to file a motion to be released from probation early so I can join the navy. I have taken the exam and passed however I can't be on probation. I am unable to find 1 of the 3 forms needed to file with the court, the motion form. Can anyone help me?

Early release of probation [ 1 Answers ]

I plead guilty to reckless driving after being arrested for dui. I received 1 year probation, with possible early termination I should be done with all requirements a month or so in. how early could I possibly be released?

View more questions Search