Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
    Do nuns wear perfume
    Do nuns wear perfume I bought a nun at my children's daycare a perfume pack and my sis told me she doesn't think that nuns wear perfume I don't know whether to give it to her now
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 05:51 PM
    Not a good choice as a present for a nun of any order. They are not supposed to wear 'adornments' and perfume would not be one of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Not sure, maybe I have progressive nuns here in Atlanta, but I have seen them with ear rings, of course cross necklaces.
    And yes perfume.

In fact as most don't wear habits any longer it is harder to tell them from just anyone at church. * I always preferred the habits

I will add there are dozens of various ORDERS that they belong to. That will make a large difference.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2011, 07:37 PM
    A better option might be a gift certificate from the place where you got the perfume, so she can choose something she likes and is permitted to use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which perfume do you use [ 5 Answers ]

I have a very difficult time finding perfume as I am very scent sensitive. Many perfumes make me all stuffed up and start to sneeze. The one I found that I can wear, Little Black Dress by Avon, has been discontinued! Any suggestions would be helpful.

Four Nuns At Heaven's Gate [ 3 Answers ]

Hope I don't cross the good taste line here, but I have to tell this one. Four nuns are waiting to get into heaven and God asks the first one, "Have you committed any sins?" She says "Yes, I once touched a man's penis with my finger." God says "Put your finger in holy water and you can get into...

The two nuns! [ 2 Answers ]

There were two nuns... One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM), and the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL). It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent. SM: Have you noticed that a man has been following us for the past thirty-eight and a half minutes? I...

Two Nuns [ 5 Answers ]

There were.. two nuns One of them was known as Sister Mathematical (SM), And the other one was known as Sister Logical (SL). It is getting dark and they are still far away from the convent. SM: Have you noticed that a man has been following us for the past thirty-eight and a half...

How do you alphabetize nuns names [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out where to place Sister Mary and Sister Wimpy, Helen M. I need to do it last name, first name, M.I. Do I place it under S or under W for Helen Wimpy.

View more questions Search