Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ForrestAveE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Girl I just started dating started talking to her ex?
    Hello,

So, I guess this is a sad story for me. I just met this girl and we clicked immediately, talked for 5 hours the first time we met. Then went on three dates over the course of three weeks, each one lasted a couple of hours and went smoothly and were some of the best dates I ever had, she said similar things to me after each one! We texted and called each in between the dates, mostly "Good mornings" and "Funny thing happened to me today". This had every indication of a start of a good relationship.

So... that was the good part, here is the sad part. Shortly after our third date, she stopped initiating the texts/calls and stopped responding the way she had the previous few weeks. I still asked her out for another date and she tenitively agreed (again, unusual). The day before the date I tried to confirm times and such (as she had not talked to me since me asking her out). She texted me that she and her ex had started talking the day after our third date and as much as she would like to hang out with me, said it would be unfair to me. Proclaimed that she was a big fan of honesty, and that she would stay in touch with me, that was last week. I am pretty hurt, but my response to her was as honest as I could be at the time, in that, I told her that I really liked her and was disappointed that I would not get to see her, I wished her good luck and to contact me sometime again in the future.

The more I think about our interaction, the more I realize that there were several warning signs, I.e. Her talking about her ex, saying that it was a hard break up, and that they had gone out for a long time (3 years), but they had broken up 6 months prior. Also, she said that she had gone on and off for several years with another guy previous to this guy. I just have no idea what to do now, whether it is worth waiting for her to realize getting back with an ex is a bad idea or simply move on myself. I will not stop dating other girls, but I still really like her.

I was wondering if anyone (especially girls) could shed some light on this situation if they have been in this situation before and let me know what is going on! I am not mad at her, I realize we only dated for a short time (compared to her last relationship), so, I know she has to do what she has to do, but is there anything I can do or should have done differently?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 09:07 PM
    From a mans view, leave her alone and pursue other options and enjoy yourself.

She has other things on her mind, and it was fun while it lasted, but for now, don't worry about her, just go back to doing your own thing.

Talaniman Rule - Leave people alone that still have exes in their lives.

For sure never wait for them to get over their past, that's a waste, and could take years, or forever. She made her choice, now make yours.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 09:27 PM
    Go back to your life. She was honest with you. She was not over the last relationship.
    ForrestAveE Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
    I guess that is my only choice, I just did not see it coming until it was too late. It just sucks because I thought we had started to make a connection.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Talaniman Rule - Never assume someones feelings are the same as yours.

You just never know what lurks in the heart of a stranger.

Its still disappointing, I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have been with this guy for 8 months and recently started talking to another HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with this one guy for 8 months he is 20 years old. I really do love him and he gets along with my family so good. We have had a sexual relationship and I have known him for about a year and a half. There is another guy now that started talking to me. I met him when I was in 8th...

I just started dating a girl who has a boyfriend. What should I do? [ 15 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 19 yr old guy that recently met an 18 yr old girl. She was a friend I knew from before, I think she was interested in me a long time ago when I had a girlfriend (we broke up). I asked her how she was, and she said that she had a boyfriend (of 6 months). So when we met up, her first...

When we started the furnace this year, it started, turned it off now it won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

It was working great, we turned the furnace in the off position on the wall, and now it won't start! I've reset the breakers over and over, even waited an hour, thinking time was of the essence... still won't come on. Old units: Luxaire inside unit Model ECC030GKA, Kenmore outside unit Model...

Just started dating a girl - found out she's been raped by mom's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Here is the situation. I started dating this 18 year old female 3 weeks ago. We have been sexually active for all 3 of those weeks. I have herd nothing but bad things about this guy that her mom is dating. He's verbally abusive and treats the mom, my girlfriend, and her 14 year old sister like...

I'm 15 and I just started dating a 17/18 year old.is that OK? [ 7 Answers ]

OK, so I am about 15 and 7 months old and I just started dating a guy that just turned 18.. I know that we can't have sex.. but can we still be intimate and hold hands/kiss? Or would that put both myself and him in a bad position? Is it against the law?

View more questions Search