Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KLNorman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
    How Can I Convince My Parent To Foster?
    So my dad and mum are divorced and I live with my mum. My brother is 15 , I'm 13 and my little sister is 11 ( they live with my mum also ). I think my mum seems a little lonely cause we all go off to school for the day and there is no one at home after she has finished work ( we have after-school activities every day ) I think having a baby/toddler around would be perfect! So is there any tips on what I could do to convince my mum to foster?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Can a single person be a foster parent in your State or Country?

I think three children ages 11 to 15 plus working is rather overwhelming. I don't know when she would have time for another child.

No, there are no tips to persuade someone else to take in a foster child. Wait a few years until you're an adult, finished with your education, married - and then you can become a foster parent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 07:56 PM
    Most likely she is adjusting to being single. And often a baby is the last thing she needs. And she most likely just sits around after work relaxing after she cooks, cleans house, does laundry, pays the bills, and all of that fun stuff parents do.

Perhaps in a little time a boyfriend is more what she needs than a baby.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you convince a strict parent? [ 7 Answers ]

OK, I'm 17 and I want a tattoo and/or a belly button piercing... problem is my mom says HECK NOOOOO!! It really sux because I'm almost an adult and she doesn't trust me at all or let me do anything fun because she is afraid for what could happen to me which I totally understand but all I'm asking...

Interested in being a foster parent [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in being a foster parent.I do not have good credit will this stop me?:):)

Becoming a foster parent [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to be a foster parent, and I really thank that I will be a good foster mom, and just hope I'm not making a big mistake

Becoming a foster parent [ 5 Answers ]

I THINK this is the right spot for this queston.. My husband and I are looking into being a foster home. Does anyone know the requirements in Arizona? And what we have to do to become a foster famly?

How to Convince an Overprotective Parent [ 7 Answers ]

So, the situation is as follows: I just turned 18 a few months ago; and shortly before that time me and a younger girl (15) had started seeing each other. Im not the type of guy overly interested in sex, as it has seemed to damage my relationships before their time. Basically, We want to have a...

View more questions Search