Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cardsfan323 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
    What is the likely end sentencing results
    I was just caught stealing a few cameras from my job most likely a few thousand dollars worth. If I get arrested and charged what will most likely be the result of my sentencing. I have a prior arrest for making a false call to 911 in which I have not been found guilty and the result will most likely end in a dropped charge. Other than that I have no record or prior criminal history. I want to know if found guilty or the evidence clearly demonstrates my guilt what will be my punishment. Am I most likely spending some time in prison, what are the possible fines? I live in New Jersey and am really nervous about what the consequences for my actions will be. Please respond with any educated guesses about what could or will happen. I did some research and this would be a 3rd degree theft charge and any helpful insights would appreciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Probably probation, restitution, a fine.

"A few thousand dollars." That could be anywhere from Three Thousand to Ten Thousand. What is the amount?

Theft from an employer is also taken more seriously than "stranger" theft. Do you know what your employer wants done?

Dec 14, 2011, 04:45 PM
    I am not sure what my employer wants to do. I would say 5000 dollars in merchandise. So what do you think anfd thanks for the reply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 07:42 PM
    Can you return the items or can you write a check for the value of all the property ?

I would say possible 3 to 6 months in jail, probation, a fine of 1000 to 5000 dollars plus repayment of all value stolen. Probation may be depending on plan for repayment, 3 to 5 years.

Dec 14, 2011, 11:52 PM
    Some of the items can be returned. So do you think I will definnitely see jail time?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2011, 10:31 AM
    I would say yes, some jail time. Even if you return the items... you still stole them. That crime doesn't change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio Claire results in steps! I am posting results you post yours! [ 34 Answers ]

Hello World! So I got my bio cliare creame, lotion, and oil appx.8 days ago. I have seen some lightening (more skin evening than anything) and now I am starting to itch a little but I see that's just apart of the process because it dries your skin a bit and I know I have to buy a sun screen to put...

Sentencing [ 0 Answers ]

My friend has a trial date for march 2nd regarding felony charges, will she be sentenced that day or will there be a later court date for that? And if its later about how long? State of Ohio

Court ordered drug test, results to be sent to court, can person also get results? [ 1 Answers ]

Father of 15 month old court ordered to take hair follicle test.. Results to be faxed to person in juvenile court. Can anyone else get results before the next court hearing? Also, the test was taken 23 days ago and so far no results yet.. Why would it take so long?

Front-end vs. Back-end Tech Writing [ 4 Answers ]

What's the difference? Can someone give me an example of both? I'm SO confused! :confused: Thanks in advance. -HBG

View more questions Search