Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Insha_Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
    12yr old wants a Blackberry..
    My sister who has turned 12 wants a Blackberry. My parents say it's too expensive and that my sister is too young for the phone .

Well, I don't mind except that she is quite young and that phone is sort of expensive. (It's up to my parents though, and I respect their decision.)

She always goes on about people in her year having a Blackberry curve..

I have one but I'm 16...

Is it OK for a 12 yr old to have a Blackberry, or does she have to wait until she's older?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 11:02 AM
    A twelve-year-old child is obliged to obey her parents. At this age, she has no need for an expensive Blackberry.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 11:03 AM
    I don't know your sister or her level of responsibility. Your parents do, and their decision is the only one that counts.

Dec 14, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Thank you For your Support . =]
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 14, 2011, 12:12 PM
    12 is a good age to be included in a family discussion about finances, maybe sitting in on once a month bill paying and budgeting. Teens really do often think that money grows on trees but that parents just want to be mean. It can be a valuable lesson for their adulthood.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Does she have any cell phone at all yet? If yes, how has she done with it? If no, perhaps a low cost phone to see how she will take care of it ( or abuse its use)
    i.e.. Read how many 12 year olds stay up to 3 am talking to boyfriends on the phone in questions here.

Also who is going to pay for the bills, can the parents afford the monthly payments ?

Dec 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
    She has the Samsung flip up phone [=

Yet again thank you .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get custody of my 12yr old sister? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister is 12yrs old and currently living with my step-dad and her nan (step dads mother) this is due to losing our mother she passed away Dec 09, my mum had a serious horse riding accident Aug 08 prior to her accident she had split with my step-dad as he was a very nasty controlling man, example...

Blackberry Curve vs. Blackberry Pearl [ 4 Answers ]

Which do you think is better and why?

Blackberry: do you need a bluetooth to use the internet?General blackberry info [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im confused. I am interested in buying a Blackberry 7230 Smartphone or a blackberry 7290. The 7230 doesn't have a bluetooth but does have a web browser acccording to Amazon so can I still get the internet using my Wireless internet connection at home? I have never owned a blackberry...

Minors' rights Ca.: 12yr old doesn't want to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

In California. My 12yr old doesn't want to be adopted unless she still cannot come home to Mommy. She was taken illegally by cps many years ago from her mother who has never stopped wanting and trying to get her back, but to no avail so far. She has been in several different foster homes...

I want my 12yr old sister [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has recently had my sister taken away and put in a foster home. I would like to get her to live with me but I live in a different state. Does anyone know what I would need to do to get her? I live with my boyfriend. We have 4 kids and also his son from another relationship. If anyone could...

View more questions Search