Ask
    baganixtct Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 08:02 AM
    Why does my computer keep restarting?
    Why does my computer keep restarting?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 06:59 PM
    Could be a virus. Could be a number of things.
    JKnowles Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 09:29 PM
    Overheating? If it's a laptop make sure to never actually place it directly on your lap as this traps in all air and block all fans, if it's a desktop try cleaning out all the dust in it and making sure all the fans are working. If its an older Desktop and its over heating could need some more heat sink for the CPU. If it gives you an error explanation on restart let us know what it says.
    XtremeHack3r Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
    It's probably a virus. Get AVG Free and run a free scan. Get it here> http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition-2012/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?part=dl-avg_free_gb&subj=dl&tag=button
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Dec 30, 2011, 07:26 AM
    That's a little like asking "why doesn't my car start" without saying whether it turns over the engine, makes noises or could be out of gas. Don't be afraid to give too much information about your issue. In a case like yours, the more info you give the better help you will get solving the problem. Have you recently added new software or hardware? Is your PC up to date with MS critical updates? Stuff like that along with a description of what happens (does it get so far and then restart, can you get into safe mode) would help us help you tremendously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer is not booting it keeps restarting [ 3 Answers ]

I turn on my computer :windows xp and it goes to the screen where it shows the loading bar and the windows xp logo Then it freezes, I restart the computer and it fomr here on it doesn't make the usaly beep sound and it keeps restarting every 5 seconds. Please help

Computer keeps restarting but will not boot up? [ 3 Answers ]

Iinstall a print program and when I tried to open it , it said not enough ram, When I shut down the computer keeps try to start over and over

Computer keeps on restarting! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently updated my computer with a new graphic card and power supply of 500 watts. I downloaded a couple of games online, but could only play for 5 minutes and my computer restarted itself. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention while playing the game. I smell something burnt. I think it's coming from...

Computer keeps restarting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I have spent hours searching through forums for an answer, but nothing has helped so far, not even the other thread in this forum. I have a windows XP home SP2 seagate HD, from an older PC, with everything including windows still on it. Now that the HD of the newer PC, also XP home,...

Computer will not boot up and keeps restarting itself [ 12 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm new here and have encountered a really unfortunately problem with my hp laptop. This morning I was running a dj program and just letting it play music. I've done it countless times in thepast and has given me no problems, until today that is. It crashed. I easily noticed it...

View more questions Search