Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2011, 07:09 AM
    Car mishap
    My neighbor ran into a stone pillar. Damaged her fender. She has coverage. But she did not get a
    Police report. Think she will have a problem with the insurance company
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 07:23 AM
    It's clearly her fault, and since no other cars were involved or injuries sustained there is no need for a police investigation UNLESS there is damage to the pillar. If the pillar is damaged and it's someone else's property (not her pillar) she should report it to the police. Otherwise she risks being charged with leaving the scene of an accident. But if the pillar is unharmed she shoudn't have an issue with her insurance (although she is likely to see her rates go up).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
    No, she is going to admit fault, so there should be no issue.
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2011, 02:01 PM
    I guess everything ran smoothly. The insurance company put the car
    In the collision shop for repairs. Thanks everyone for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Permanent hair dye mishap [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help. I am 35 years old, and I never dyed my hair until this past June. I just wanted to leave my hair its natural color but take away some of the gray. I had very little but felt a bit bothered by it. My stylist knew that I was very apprehensive about the process of dying my hair...

Parking mishap [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is the story; We live in Nevada but my wife was shopping in California today and while trying to park our 3/4 ton Dodge, she bumped the vehicle behind her (Old junker), got out and saw absolutely no damage to either vehicle. She stayed there and hit a couple shops then left the scene. Got...

Plumbing/screw removal mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Plumbing Problem - had dripping faucet in bathtub. We were attempting to remove the screw that holds the handle in place, but srew was defective, so we drilled into it, reversed the drill to get the bit out, then used a screw extractor to remove the screw. The screw extractor broke off! (I DO...

Airport mishap [ 10 Answers ]

I was taking an airline when the plane was delayed. After it arrived and we boarded, the stewardesses gave their safety speech, the plane sat along time on the tar mat and then we were that the airplane had mechanical problems and would have to be repaired. Another plane was brought in and...

Air conditioning mishap [ 2 Answers ]

Please excuse my lack of knowledge about all things mechanical/electrical, but here we go... I was trimming around my rheem a/c unit with my weedeater and accidentally snagged a thin brown wire and gave it a REALLY hard yank. I stopped and gingerly checked to make sure it was still connected...

View more questions Search