Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JoeAnon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 09:51 PM
    Is it a crime to express anger and frustration while lodging a complaint to a company
    A husband and wife couple went into a mailing business (mail lock box w/street addy) to retrieve a box that had been sent there by mistake by UPS because it's where they used to have their mail. The husband was visibly upset and after they gave him the box, he vented a little making it very obvious he was extremely frustrated. The wife simply asked the name of the UPS driver that had dropped off the box earlier, and the counter guy said he didn't know. They were both very frustrated with the constant mis-mailing of their orders since it was the 3rd or 4th time it had happened and even after numerous attempts to correct the problem with the companies sending their orders and the UPS delivery service it still happened again. The husband walked out with the box pretty much just fed up with the whole thing, wife following, and they asked a UPS driver outside about the mix-up and he (driver) told them some things they didn't know and even gave them a phone number to the county UPS hub. They thanked the driver a lot and said he helped them much with his information. However one of the counter guys that had never liked them because of their age difference, was on the other side of the glass door listening to the conversation, and after they starting walking to their car, he immediately opened the door and the driver stepped in and the counter guy started saying something to him. Both counter guys were not happy because of the confrontation and because the couple was obviously fed up and unhappy with the situation. Could the 'trouble-maker" counter guy that had never liked them actually get the UPS driver to go in with him and the other counter guy on trying to lodge a false legal complaint of harassment or expressing anger in their business?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 14, 2011, 04:24 AM
    It is not illegal to complain or be angry. What one would need to be concerned with in this situation would be violence, damage to property, threatening, or repetative actions (harassment).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2011, 04:40 AM
    As noted it is not illegal to express anger. The only time it might become illegal is if they got violent, doing damage or physical harm. It would only become harassment if there was a pattern of anger directed at an individual.

However, while I understand the frustration, why take it out on the mail drop place? They neither sent the package or delivered it. They had NOTHING to do with the problem or have anyway to fix it (unless it was a UPS affiliated store and even then they would have little to do with deliveries).
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2011, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeAnon View Post
    A husband and wife couple went into a mailing business (mail lock box w/street addy) to retrieve a box that had been sent there by mistake by UPS because it's where they used to have their mail. The husband was visibly upset and after they gave him the box, he vented a little making it very obvious he was extremely frustrated. The wife simply asked the name of the UPS driver that had dropped off the box earlier, and the counter guy said he didn't know. They were both very frustrated with the constant mis-mailing of their orders since it was the 3rd or 4th time it had happened and even after numerous attempts to correct the problem with the companies sending their orders and the UPS delivery service it still happened again. The husband walked out with the box pretty much just fed up with the whole thing, wife following, and they asked a UPS driver outside about the mix-up and he (driver) told them some things they didn't know and even gave them a phone number to the county UPS hub. They thanked the driver a lot and said he helped them much with his information. However one of the counter guys that had never liked them because of their age difference, was on the other side of the glass door listening to the conversation, and after they starting walking to their car, he immediately opened the door and the driver stepped in and the counter guy started saying something to him. Both counter guys were not happy because of the confrontation and because the couple was obviously fed up and unhappy with the situation. Could the 'trouble-maker" counter guy that had never liked them actually get the UPS driver to go in with him and the other counter guy on trying to lodge a false legal complaint of harassment or expressing anger in their business?

The wife "vented"? If that involved threats, yes, it's harassment. Did the driver feel cornered by the couple?

It wouldn't be a false legal complaint. It would be a false Police Report. At this point the "legal system" is not involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compare and contrast natural crime and legal crime [ 2 Answers ]

What are the major crimes in the FBI crime index?

Moving Expenses - how many days of lodging and car rental can I deduct? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I (both US citizens) moved to the UK in Aug 2009 so that he could take a job. When we moved out of our old house, we stayed in a US hotel for 9 days before our flight to the UK. When we arrived in the UK, we stayed in a UK hotel for 2 weeks while looking for an apartment. We...

Complaint against company [ 1 Answers ]

I complaint on line about a stale cheesecake on my blog . It was my opinion only. The company said they will contact their consul. Is it against the law To complain. Hollywood, Florida Firm is in Kentucky

Claiming food, lodging and incidental charges on H1-B [ 2 Answers ]

I came to the U.S. in 2008 and worked on H1-B for just 2 months. Then I left the U.S. I know that I must file nonresident tax return, and will not get standard deduction. Can I claim per diem expenses for my short stay during H1-B?

Need definition of natural crime and legal crime [ 1 Answers ]

Am doing a college paper on Natural Crime and Legal Crime and am searching for simple definitions or other research on these two types of crime and what falls under each. Thanks:)

View more questions Search