Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerrymoneyhun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 08:27 PM
    Santa Claus Riddle
    Santa claus is standing on the middle rung of a ladder. He climbs up 3 rungs and then climbs down 5 rungs. He then climbs 10 rungs to the top. How many rungs are on the ladder? How do you mathematically solve this problem?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Try to visualize the problem. If you are in the middle and climb up 3 stairs then down 5 stairs you are 2 stairs down from the middle. Now you climb up 10 stairs, so 2 stairs to the middle, then 8 stairs to the top from the middle. So there are a total of 16 stairs (8 * 2).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Santa Claus an imposter? [ 12 Answers ]

Santa Claus is known world wide but did you ever start think think about the song "Santa Claus is Coming to town"? Knows when your sleeping or awake Knows if your bad or good Knows this or that etc. My point is Santa knows everything as if he were God. What are your thought about the man in a...

Hi! It's Santa Claus! So, What Last Minute Things Might You Hope and Wish For? [ 12 Answers ]

27659 Yes, it's really me! Ho, Ho, Ho! I've been viewing this site for quite some time now and trying to figure out how I might become involved in it. Well, you know, I have my once a year duties to deliver gifts to everyone around the world. (Even those who don't believe in me, but...

Looking for old santa claus movie [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone no the title or any information on a animated movie probably made in the 60's which featured santa claus in the wild west with cowboys. The hero saves santa from the villians. Very low budget I'm sure but still I vaguely remember it from my childhood, I think the last time I saw it was...

View more questions Search