Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elllllie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 08:55 PM
    I want to change my hobbies..
    I've played basketball for the majority of my life, and I'm 15 and play for the Freshman A team at my high school... My dad supports me, and my mom does too but she would support me through anything. I want to be a dancer with all my heart and soul. I'm only 5'1" and don't really have a future in basketball, but dancing is something I could do and be happy with for the rest of my life. I don't know if I should even pursue this, and if I do I have no idea how I would bring this up to my parents realistically. Do I have a chance at being good at dancing? And how should I bring this up to my parents, if at all? Help..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Anyone has a chance to be a good dancer. It all depends if you are willing to practice, listen and take lessons.
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Jan 1, 2012, 06:01 PM
    Yes you have a chance at being a great dancer. The best part about dance is that you don't have to start at the age of 5 to go professional you just have to start before your 17. You don't have to be tall to be a dancer. Sure leg extensions would look a little different but no major difference. To tell your parents just say that you want to expand your horizon to something different than basketball. If they get mad then just explain to them how much you want to dance. But I must warn you that you MUST STICK WITH DANCE because your parents will get mad if you make them spend all that money then drop out or injure yourself.
    anonymousdude Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
    I Suggest You Try All Sports. Not Just Dance, And Not Just Basketball. Find Out What You're Best At.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could our hobbies change? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible that after sometime we turn off or we start obtain another one? Your experience friends:rolleyes:

What are your hobbies? [ 22 Answers ]

I LOVE video games, not just playing them, but reading about them and understanding them and their culture. However, videogames aren't socially acceptable. When Im playing my Xbox 360 my parents always look at me bad like Im supposed to be doing something more important and I always feel bad when...

Hobbies [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know the reason why like a hobby?

What are your hobbies [ 15 Answers ]

Dear memebers, Would u help a 24/7 single hard worker find a hobby please?:D I mean, I do hang out with my girl friends, going to nursing home help with the elders. I do read, study about plants and acupuncture. I want to play golf but it's kind of expensive for me at this moment. What...

View more questions Search