Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jprew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 03:53 PM
    Artist Signature Identification
    I purchased this painting a few years back at an auction for my own personal decoration. It wasn't until a minor earthquake knocked it off my wall and broke the frame did I really start to wonder what it was. I'm fairly good at research, but I have come up with nothing. There was tons of paint used on this portrait of that helps any. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Images

igetmymail Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2018, 10:33 PM
    [email protected]

I have a very similar painting That could possible be the same artist. From the aging of mine, it seems to be over 50 years old and the first letter of the signature appears to be J. and the beginning of the second name is probably a B, then several letters after that. It's a great oil on canvas but an unknown to me. If you like I can send you photos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Artist signature identification [ 1 Answers ]

http://C:\Documents and Settings\user1\My Documents\My Pictures\6660can anyone give me any information on this painting and the artist. Painting is done with palette knife on a 4' x 3' canvas. Cannot read artist's name, tried researching with no results. Link is provided

Signature/Artist Identification [ 1 Answers ]

I recently received the following painting from my Grandmother and need help identifying the artist (see attached signature and painting images). My knowledge of the painting's history is limited. It was previously acquired by the daughter of Emerson Price (book critic of the Cleveland Press). ...

View more questions Search