Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hiltonmj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Frigidaire Refrigerator - Water leaking on top shelf
    I have a model FRT18P5AW2 model Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. I have been experiencing water dripping on the top shelf. It appears to be coming from the top center of the unit, where there appears to be a diffuser. I checked the drain tup and found it clear of any debris. There is apparently a lot of discussion regarding this on other sites; however, no one seams to have an answer. I have not yet replaced the "styrofoam diffuser" 2 pieces, as I can not see how this would be the problem.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 02:51 PM

IMPORTANT: IF water is dripping onto the top shelf or running down the back of the refrigerator and collecting underneath the crispers --- SCHEDULE A SERVICE CALL. This condition requires a new part to be installed to correct the moisture problem.
    The video above shows the dripping and the information from Frigidaire was given to the owner. If you wish to try to fix this yourself:

Sounds like you have a clogged defrost drain. You will need to remove the back wall of the freezer, and under the evaperator is a drain pan with a hole in it. It is probably frozen up under there, so you will need to get some hot water and a turkey baster to clear the frozen water out of the hole. You will know when it is not clogged anymore when you hear the water go down the drain

Source: Appliance Parts Pros

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Frigidaire Refrigerator water pooling on the bottom [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 21 cu ft refrigerator that is pooling water on the bottom under the drawers. I do not have a water or ice dispenser. It's just a run of the mill fridge. However I did notice a string about this same problem and it stated that the defreost drain might be frozen over and gave...

Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance

A/C leaking and Frost at Line's Top and Bottom [ 5 Answers ]

Noticed last night that hardly any air is coming out of vents, so when I checked unit, I noticed water on the floor. Felt the line and had Frost at top and bottom. Then took out air filter and stuck hand inside and felt a drip. Any suggestions on where to start?

View more questions Search