Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kesirajus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 10:03 PM
    How to calculate my Foreign slary income for tax
    Dear Sir,
    Till September 2011 I was working for Indian company in India and Tax used to get deducted by my employer at source. Now I am working for a Chinese company to look after sales & service of India and surrounding countries I operate from India. My Chinese employer pay my salary quarterly and earned commission annually. They told me that they will credit my salary in US Dollars to my Axis Bank savings account. My question is: Is my income taxable in India? If yes, then there is no breakup of my salary. So how to calculate my tax liability?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Generally, your income is taxed by the country where you worked. That being the case, your income IS subject to Indian income tax.
    IntlTax Posts: 831, Reputation: 23
    Tax Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Your question is an Indian tax question. This forum deals with U.S. taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign student declaring his income [ 1 Answers ]

I am on a student visa studying and I work 20 hours do I have to inform the tax office? And if don't what would be the outcome?I get cash in hand at £3 p/h

US tax returns L1 foreign income exemption [ 4 Answers ]

We came to US on June 5th 2009 on L1 Visa. From IRS documents my case belongs to Resident alien. And I have income in india. Can I file for Foreign income exemption using form 2555. From IRS documents, I need to satisfy two condition to qualify. 1) Physical presence test - I am passing this test, ...

Green card hold tax paid in foreign country what status for paying tax in atlanta [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I have been having green card for the last 24year,since 2001 I have working outside usa with a charitable hospital as a consultant but visiting my wife and kids after every five months who live in atlanta and are us citizen.I have been filing my taxes since I arrived in usa in 1985.I have been...

L1 - Foreign Tax Credit - Secondment Model. [ 1 Answers ]

I was in the USA from Jan-08 to Oct-08 on a L1 visa.I was being paid both US allowances and indian Salary in the USA. While in US I was paying taxes for both the US and indian components. When I return to India I also pay tax for the indian component of the salary I received while in US. Is...

Tax deduction on mortgage interest for foreign home [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all I am in USA on a work Visa (H1B). I don't own a house in america. But I do have a house in my home country for which I am paying mortgage interest. Lender is bank from my home county. Is this interest tax deductable. I can provide statement from my foreign lender stating that I paid so...

View more questions Search