Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holiroc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Red itchy dots under fingertips
    I have been getting very small dark red dots under the skin of my middle finger tips on both hands but not at the same time, for several years now. I noticed them off to the side of my nail beds at first, but now they are appearing on the fingerprint part of my fingertips. When I itch them the area becomes dark red and extremely painful and slightly swollen. The little red dots remain, and in a week or so, they become a blister and dry up and the skin peels off. I have no idea what this is, can anyone help me?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
    It sounds like an allergic reaction to something which comes in contact with your finger tips. Try a antihistamine to see if it reduces the reaction time and use an Astringent like Witch Hazel or Benadryl Gel for the itchiness.

Schedule an appointment with your Doctor for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Reference: "Do you have peeling finger tips" (DailyGlow)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny pin sized red itchy dots [ 17 Answers ]

I have about 5 or so of this tiny pin sized red dots that itch more than anything I've ever experienced. I found if I leave them alone they'll dry up in about a week or so. But if I dare scratch them they spread into a rash. Any ideas?

Itchy red dots [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... I need help I am in summer holiday and decided to start going to the gym and the pool for some serious overdue tanning. After 2 days I found tiny small red dots on my upper arms and they started itching like crazy, I guessed it'll go away, after another day of the same routine I...

Red dots on skin (itchy) age 19 not on face but on head also [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has red dots on skin (itchy) age 19 not on face but on head also

Red puffy fingertips with white spot [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old has red puffy fingertips on both hands. And on both middle fingers there is a little white dot (kinda looks like a blister). Has anyone ever seen any thing like this? He first showed them to me last night and tonight he complained they were stinging. At first I thought maybe just...

View more questions Search