Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldtubby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2011, 06:23 AM
    Will acrylic tub crack in cold weather?
    I bought a new acrylic free standing tub. It was delivered and is sitting in the garage until my husband gets home from out of town. Do I need to be concerned about the freezing temps out outside? It's in the 20's at night and 40's during the day. I'm wondering if it would crack or anything? What are your thoughts?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 11, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Not unless you drop it or fill it with water out there.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Dec 11, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Possibly you should be VERY concerned. Spa manufacturers water test their spas to be sure there's no leaks. Rarely if ever do they properly drain all the water out (of all the plumbing and equipment) in anticipation of it sitting in freezing conditions. If it gets below freezing in your garage, you could have some serious damage occur to the spa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acrylic Tub [ 3 Answers ]

Ten months ago we had our bathroom remodeled and, in turn, a new acrylic tub installed by our contractor. Now, there is a crack approximately 12inches long running down the middle of the tub and the area is bowed. We are assuming there was no concrete or mortar placed before the tub was inserted....

Acrylic tub seems too lightweight [ 2 Answers ]

My husband bought an unused acrylic corner tub out of a manufactured home. It looks new. My concern is that it seems flimsy, it tweaks and bends while moving it around. I hate to install it, do the tile work, and find it cracks the first time my 300 lb hubby gets in to take a bath. My questions:...

Acrylic tub repair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I chipped a small corner of my acrylic tub as I as putting it in :mad: :mad: :mad: Any good products to repair it? I have the piece that chipped off and plan on gluing it back on, but you can still see the outline of the chip... Also, how are cpvc stub outs secured? Thanks.

View more questions Search