Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mld2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Brown Vaginal Spotting
    Hello,

I am on the pill. I got my period on the Thursday after starting my last week of pills, however, I normally get it sooner than that and I had been spotting since the Saturday before that. It lasted for about 2 1/2 days with reddish blood and cramps. It then turned to brown and I have been spotting since then, enough to change my panty shield a few times a day. So I have been spotting or bleeding now for 2 weeks! What is wrong with me? I had blood work done on Jan. 2nd and all came back normal, except for slightly elevated cholesterol (208). My last PAP in October came back clear for everything!

What can be causing this problem? Can I be pregnant even though I am on the pill and I just had my period? My normal period lasts about 5 -6 days, this time it's been like 2 weeks of all this spotting plus about 2-3 days of bleeding.

Please help. I can't get to the doctor's till Friday another 6 days!).

Thanks!

mld2:confused:
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Feb 10, 2007, 06:36 PM
    These are common, less severe side effects of birth control pills. However, you should discuss your slightly elevated cholesterol (208) levels with your Doctor or Healthcare provider: with birth control pills, elevated cholesterol levels may increase your risk of blood clots and cardiovascular disease.

For additional information on birth control pills and their side effects, please visit the National Women's Health Resource Center article on Birth Control Pills. If there is something in this information that concerns your, please discuss it with your health care professional.

Hope this answers your question!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prolonged vaginal spotting/bleeding [ 13 Answers ]

I have had a slight period for close to 3 weeks now. I have always been regular up until 2 months ago. This month all I seem to have is constant spotting... most times it can be a brownish colour but when wiping after going to the bathroom it is often pink or red. Since I have always been on...

Dying vaginal hair from brown to platinum [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to dye the hair in my pubic area from brown (with a touch of grey in it) to platinum (yellowish blonde hair - sort of like Gwen Stefani's). How can I do this on my own. It is embarrassing for me to get this done professionally so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. ...

Brown spotting [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 3 days I have been having a brown discharge with a little blood. I already had a normal period on Jan 10th. My tubes are tied what should I do?

Brown spotting [ 2 Answers ]

I have brown spotting and I had my period last week.. what may this be caused from?

Brown spotting [ 0 Answers ]

I ovulated on Sept. 17th now its Sept. 23rd I'm having a little bit of spotting. Mostly noted after you urinate I'm do for my period on Sept 30th does this mean anything we have been trying for 2 months

View more questions Search