Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 05:03 AM
    Bomb threat
    Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! Fifteen minutes to midnight. You got it 2345 (11:45pm). :eek:

And, of course, with my luck, I have a laboring patient and the elevators quit working for various reasons. I couldn't push her bed and the fetal monitors down the staircase! Yup she had to WaLK! Along with my C-Section patient who had a C-Section earlier in the day, and the other 3 moms and 3 babies.

It was a very scary two hours, that's for sure!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 10, 2011, 09:02 AM
    What a nightmare for you, I can relate.
    I was involved in a number of Major bomb threats on a UK Shopping center, at the times was one of the largest in Europe, this was mid 90's.
    I would hope you had a better emergency plan than we did back then.
    They allowed all the public to get in their cars and run, so jammed up ALL of the roads around the center...
    Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 09:06 AM
    Ours wasn't as massive Ben. We had 17 patients plus their families and 26 employees, but when the evacuation was called we only had a total of 3 minutes. It was utter chaos as the elevators were shut down. But, in the end, we did it.

Apparently the call came from a cell phone. Now the police are working on finding out who the provider was and who the phone was registered to.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 04:38 PM
    I hope the 'person' who made that call is prosecuted to fullest extent of the law possible. If 'she' had any conspirators, I hope they, too, are prosecuted.

I sincerely hope that everyone is okay and there turn out to be no lasting problems.

Hugs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2011, 05:41 PM
    Well could be worst, no phone calls and the bombs go off.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Glad your OK J9. I would have hated to read about you in some news article. I hope they catch them and put them away forever. Calling one in on a hospital is the lowest of the low.
    Expert

Dec 11, 2011, 01:57 PM
    It was very frightening. When we got the notice to evacuate we only had 5 minutes to clear the entire hospital. It was controlled chaos, to say the least.

All we know about the person who made the threat is the cell phone number. Hopefully it's not a throw away and the police will be able to track it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False bomb threat; coral springs high [ 10 Answers ]

OK so my idiot friend made a fake bomb threat at coral springs high and the whole school had to evacuate and blah blah & now he's sitting in juvie with no bail right now but what I want to know his how long do you think he would be in for?

She dropped a big bomb [ 9 Answers ]

Ok.. so in November of 2006 I was driving my boyfriends car and I backed into my friends car. That night we talked about it and decided that I was going to pay for it when they figured out a price. About a week later I asked my friend about the damage and didn't get a response so I went about my...

Atomic bomb [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing a paper for a class and need to know who it was that made the atomic bomb and then later stated that he regreted it?

View more questions Search