Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leviguns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 05:06 PM
    I am being sued if I put stuff in my wife's name can they take it?
    I am going to get sued next year if I put stuff in my wife's name can they take it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 05:29 PM
    Depends on whether "they" can prove you made the transfer to avoid the law.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2011, 06:57 PM
    If they can prove you did this just to hide it, they can still take it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Roommate put my stuff in storage [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles and traveled over the summer to NC to visit my family over the summer before my son started kindergarten. Basically... a vacation. While in NC, my roommate (who I am renting two rooms from--> I pay my rent to her) informed me that she would be subletting her room to someone...

Boyfriend moved stuff in, then broke up with me. Do I get to keep the stuff? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I decided to move in together. He brought stuff to my apartment, and I got rid of a lot of my stuff to accommodate for his stuff (i.e, bed, TV, etc). Then he decided that we needed a new couch, so I got rid of my couch and he bought us a new one. Few months later and we are broken...

Landlord put ot my stuff after a verbal agrement [ 3 Answers ]

I ask the landlord can I put me belonging in the garage. We had a verbal agreement that it was OK then he put my belongins out is he responsiable for my belongings

I just got my computer and I have put stuff on it that I don't think I need [ 5 Answers ]

I just got my computer and I know that I have put all kinds of things on it that is not necessary please tell me how I delete these unwanted sites

View more questions Search