Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmith35sg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2011, 06:05 PM
    How to fix where stain didn't absorb
    I have I believe to be an old walnut dresser I've taken on the task to refinish. As you can see by the first picture for the most part the dresser looks great.

However, on one side, where I had to do the most sanding, its not taking any stain. I sanded and finished with 220 grit wiped with tack cloth and conditioned before hand. I'm happy with the rest of the outcome I just want to fix this problem area! By the way I used dye stain
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 8, 2011, 06:32 PM
    That looks like luan plywood? Not walnut...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An automobile cooling system holds 22 L of water. How much heat does it absorb... [ 1 Answers ]

An automobile cooling system holds 22 L of water. How much heat does it absorb if its temperature rises from 20°C to 91°C?

How do I fix a stain that was not absorbed by the wood in some areas [ 5 Answers ]

My handrail is composed of red oak. The person that did the staining for me first sanded the rail, and then applied the stain. However the wood did not absorb the stain in some areas and now those areas are blotchy (you can see the wood). Then the stainer applied 2 or 3 coats of a waterbased...

How to fix a wood stain that didn't work? [ 10 Answers ]

We are staining the chair rails we want to put up in our new nursery. The chair rails are made of pine and we used a stain called Golden Oak. My husband sanded, applied wood conditioner and then applied the stain per the instructions on the cans. However, the wood is now very blotchy and some...

View more questions Search