Or failing so, yet that I put the Moor
    At least into a jealousy so strong
    That judgment cannot cure. Which thing to do,
    If this poor trash of Venice, whom I trash
    For his quick hunting, stand the putting on,
    I'll have our Michael Cassio on the hip,
    Abuse him to the Moor in the rank garb—
    For I fear Cassio with my night-cap too—
    Make the Moor thank me, love me and reward me.
    For making him egregiously an ***
    And practising upon his peace and quiet
    Even to madness. 'Tis here, but yet confused:
    Knavery's plain face is never seen tin used.

But I don't know what I should open with. It's supposed to answer the question: How do shakespeare's choices in language and structure influence what the audience learns/understands of the charater. I'm having some serious writers block with this. Any ideas on how I should start it off?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 8, 2011, 06:50 PM
    How about this --

By borrowing and even coining words and also restructuring language so it could more than adequately express emotion, Shakespeare gave the English-speaking world a gift. That gift allows 21st-century readers to understand Iago's true feelings in this soliloquy, which summarizes the past and announces Iago's future plans.
    Cheezeycrackers Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
    It's a great opener, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to get this amazing answer, but thank you regardless

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need opinion... [ 4 Answers ]

First of all, sorry for my bad english. I'm not so good in grammar and vocab. :S Secondly, I need opinion on this. :) I'm 23 and he is 29. He is my manager at work, and I have a crush on him for almost 1 year. He like to tease me, and call me by several name. And I also created a name...

What's your opinion! [ 4 Answers ]

PSU contacts Shipley concerning the purchase of fuel oil heat the school building during winter months. In the phone conversation, Shipley agrees to make 8 shipments of oil to the school over a 6-month period from Oct 15, 1984 to April 15, 1985, totalling 750 gallons/month at $1.25/gallon. ...

Opinion [ 10 Answers ]

OK so I give a lot of advise on these forums but that doesn't mean that I don't have problems too... how else can you give advise unless you have been through some things in your life. I have been with a guy for 4 years. We got married last year valentines day and we have a new baby together as...

In need of an opinion [ 1 Answers ]

All right so I know it's hard to juge a relationship from just one side of the picture but here's my story. So my girlfriend and I have been going out for a year. We met last June and pretty much hit it off right away. We we're both coming out of a serious relationship but we thought let's just...

What's your opinion? [ 11 Answers ]

Something happened to my friend and she told the school phycologist and she got the cop that's always at my school involved... now they want me to give them my other friends number so he can get in trouble but I can't do that... I can't just give them his number so he can go 2 jail and get raped by...

View more questions Search