Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akgirl907 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 01:02 PM
    19years of age and irregular period is scary!
    I've been having unprotected sex with my partner for 2 years now and we still don't see any signs of me getting pregnant. I went to see the doctor and he checkd that all is good with my body, but I just want to know if its possible to have a child while in this condition!
    babyjeffery Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 7, 2011, 01:24 PM
    You're 19 years old, If you want to have a baby make sure you get a job so you can support it. *CASE CLOSED*
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by akgirl907 View Post
    I've been having unprotected sex with my partner for 2 years now and we still don't see any signs of me getting pregnant. I went to see the doctor and he checkd that all is good with my body, but I just want to know if its possible to have a child while in this condition!

Hi akgirl907... welcome to AMHD!

When you saw your doctor, did he/she do any blood work to check hormone levels? Has your partner been checked as well? How irregular are your cycles? Have you been actively trying, such as watching for signs of possible ovulation, trying ovulation predictor tests, temping and charting, etc... or has it been just having unprotected sex and seeing if you become pregnant? Sometimes having more information can allow for more precise suggestions... :)

There are ways to get an idea of if and when you might be ovulating... which is the only time in a cycle that you can become pregnant. If you are having irregular cycles, there is a good chance that you are also not ovulating each cycle... which of course would cut down on the opportunities to conceive. There are also ways to help regulate cycles. If you and your partner have been trying on a regular basis, it may be a good idea to have more testing done... on both of you. Sometimes there is a male concern that is preventing a pregnancy, or a combination of both partners.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

"Just believing" is work. Your believing was the Holy Spirit working in you. Your work came later in choosing to go to church instead of sleeping in, in choosing to read the Bible instead of reading Hustler magazine. (Does one actually READ that, or just page through it?)

Irregular Period [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my period, about a year ago. In the time following up until now I have had it maybe four times. The doctor said being irregualr within the first year or so is normal, but I haven't had it in a little more then three months. Is this normal? Eclipse1220

Irregular period [ 1 Answers ]

I had delivary 6months back and I had last period on 23 December 2009 and after that I did not had period and the pregnancy test is negative which was tested on 08 febrauary 2010 so please tell the solution for this urgently

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

View more questions Search