Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Reddish brown hair
    Hi. I recently coloured over my highlighted hair with a permanent 'natural light brown'. As the color underneath had orange tones in it (which was the reason I went over it with brown), the colour I have now is brown with a lot of red and orange tones in it. My highlights are coming through on top, which is OK. HOWEVER... I really really want to get rid of the warm tones and have ash ash ash. I would also quite like to get some highlights, but not orange or 'yellow'! Something natural. Could I get ash LOWlights to go over the dark that is there to counteract the warmth, and ash highlights as well? Or should I just ask for highlights (what colour? ) and then an ash toner?
    I just want to know what to say to my hairdresser so he knows what I'm talking about and what I want...
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
    If you want your hair to look more brown, minus the red/orange tones, then ask the hairstylist to apply an ash base color on your hair. When you go to the hair salon, don't be afraid to ask questions or tell them what color you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Brown hair [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have dark brown hair, with reddish highlights(natural), I have quite a bit of gray on my top and temples.I dyed my hair with a dark golden brown, but the top looks very red.I was wondering if I might be able to get a ark brown root kit too go over just the top,to fix the appearance of the...

Highlighting Reddish/Brown hair. [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a product at a store like Walgreens or Target that I can buy to highlight my daughter's hair that will get rid of the red in her hair? The hairdressers keep saying it isn't red, but it is. So, I'd like to try a product at home. We've done highlights before, so I'd be willling to try...

View more questions Search