Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janeygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Subderal hemotobin
    I had a subderal hemotobin caused by bumping my head on our van while I was getting in (it hemoraged for 4 months before the operation). I am always tired, can't regulate my core body temperature, feel confused, depressed, headaches, weight gain, and weakness. My Dr. says nothing amiss in the CAT scan, but I recently saw just the tail end of an article on TV that said something about things that can go wrong as a result of a bump on the head. I think it was something about a gland or whatever not functioning properly, and that there is help. I know I'm lucky to be alive, but would be great to feel good again.
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Feb 10, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Because the CAT scan was negative, then you can be confident that there is no subdural bleeding resulting from a tear in the veins that cross the subdural space. However, a subdural hemorrhage may cause damage to delicate brain tissue.

If you have gone 4 months before surgery, you should ask your Physician or Surgeon about the possibility of this occurrence in your situation. The symptoms of a Traumatic brain injury can be classified as mild, moderate, or severe; physicians may only act upon the most severe or life-threatening cases.

Hope this answers your question!
    janeygirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
    In other words, I have to live with all the weird things happening to my memory, and body. Thanks, I guess I was hoping for something that can be treated with meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search