Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryhawley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 11:15 PM
    Got caught coming in with a really bad hang over
    It was Monday night football and all of my friends came over. I thought I was okay. But I was terminated. Now I am out of a job, can't qualify for unemployment. I need to know that if they contact my last employer that they will say why I was terminated or that they will just give the dates that I worked. I never missed a day in 3 1/2 months and was excelling. My stupid. I thought I would be given a little break since I was covering for other coworkers and doing overtime. What are they going to say when they contact my previous employer or should I just leave it off my resume?
    solidzane Posts: 111, Reputation: 8

Dec 6, 2011, 11:37 PM
    You were drunk? Or hung-over? I could see you getting fired for going in drunk, but a hang-over isn't quite the same... Is it a big company or a small local store? The bigger companies will often have ways for you to fight terminations... Smaller places don't... Whatever the case is, good luck...
    osiris1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Dec 19, 2011, 03:39 PM
    To protect themselves from liability, most employers will only confirm title, dates of employment and eligibility for rehire. Whether they answer more than that or not is up to the company policy. A lot of savvy recruiters or third-party background screening companies will try to speak to a supervisor instead of HR because the supervisor is more likely to share too much information. With that in mind it's always a good idea to be completely honest on your resume and applications. Most employers will terminate you if/when they find out you left something off (especially if you were terminated for cause and tried to hide it). When you apply for a new job, you should be remorseful about your mistake yet confident in your skills and work ethic, just like you were in your question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2011, 06:51 PM
    I will disagree most ask "will you rehire" if they say no, normally they will not hire you. But yes they are free to tell exactly what happened as long as it is the truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son caught my Husband cheating and they got into a fight and my son hurt him bad ! [ 12 Answers ]

Let me start with I have been married 20 years ben together 23 years.Christmas night last year we had a bad bad snow storm I work about 1 hour away,We were suppose to all meet at my sister inlaws for Christmas night but my husband went to a friends close to home because of the storm my son was only...

How bad is it coming off suboxone [ 15 Answers ]

After being on suboxone for months at 2-3 mg a day how bad will it be coming off it , if you wean down over few weeks slowly ?

How bad is it coming off suboxone [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to get off suboxone?

Bad Smell coming from furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, since the winter season has begun I have always smelled something like someone burning wood or a fireplace burning smell. Just this week I have started smelling that coming from my registers when the heat kicks on in my house. My furnace is 3 years old. Thanks for your help in advance... Meda

View more questions Search