Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    telcomommy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Seeking Advice
    I pleaded guilty to a summary offense disorderly conduct conviction pa 12 years ago. I have never been in trouble with the law since. I currently live in another state. Will this show up on a criminal back ground check? If my job app. Asks if I have ever been convicted of a crime do I answer yes or no? If I have to answer yes and explain, how would this impact me?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Hello t:

Couple things..

Mos applications don't ask about "crimes". They ask about "felony's". Most likely, your conviction wasn't a felony.

Secondarily, you can apply for an expungement of your record, and I would.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Seeking advice on rough-in [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! Just got my blocks laid for a new garage addition to my home and need to make sure I am on the right track. I had initially planned to have the plumbing rough done by a plumber but after contacting 6 "respectable" plumbers and getting no interest I have decided to tackle this myself. I had...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

Seeking Paternity Legal Advice [ 5 Answers ]

I am a married women of 15 years and have a child who is 5 years old. I had an affair 5 years ago outside of my marriage, and the guy thinks he may be my child's biological father five years later. My husband knows nothing about this, and never question paternity or had no reason to. Does this...

Seeking debt advice [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I wish I was posting under better circumstances, but I'm not. I need help. After I left college, I found myself in a deep amount of debt. My friends and famly are so beyond helping me and who can blame them. I was thinking of calling a credit counselor but am so nervous. I've...

View more questions Search