Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikeyy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 02:02 AM
    Graduate Job Offer Questions
    Hi guys, can I ask if I have a graduate full-time offer signed with company A to begin work in March, and Company B comes along with a full-time offer with a higher pay and benefits to begin in September and I sign the offer with Company B as well:

1. Am I committing an offense (by signing the letter of offers from both Company A and B)
    2. Is it okay for me to work for Company A (from March till August) before resigning and starting with Company B
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 6, 2011, 04:37 AM
    First it depends on what you signed. If you signed an agreement or contract to work for A, you may be legally bound to it. Whether you can resign after working for a time, will also depend on your terms of employment.

Signing an agreement to accept a job is not common, but its not rare either. Especially if you were recruited from grad school. So there may be legal implications of signing such a letter. Without knowing what it actually says, its hard to advise.
    Mikeyy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 08:18 AM
    Hey Scott, thank you for your reply and I appreciate your advise on this.

I will look into the terms of employment, thanks a lot Scott.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Offer [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: Before I start blasting the right wingers for saying Obama broke the law, could you tell me if he DID break the law? What he did was offer Sestak a job IF he didn't run against Arlen Specter. I know a LITTLE bit about the law, but I can't see where something wrong happened here. ...

About a job offer [ 4 Answers ]

I got a job offer from a company named moon group inc. sounds like a good job, but is this a real company? I'm a little worried just because it's dealing with my personal accounts and don't trust much over the net.:confused:

View more questions Search