Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEEWAH Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2011, 10:24 AM
    Has anyone traveled to mexico while on probation?
    I am currently on misdermeanor probation for a dwi and I want to travel to mexico but I don't want to tell my probation officer... I would like to hear from someone who has traveled while on on probation please
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 10:47 AM
    Why is traveling to Mexico so important you will risk going to jail. Yes you can travel, but you risk the PO finding out in so many ways. There are those that do, and you have a chance of not being caught. But of course if someone posts it on Facebook, if someone that you know gets upset and they call the PO. ( this is what normally happens) or you get into even a auto accident on the trip, it all comes out.
    DEEWAH Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 5, 2011, 11:41 AM
    I understand all of that but I would like to hear from someone who has traveled out of country while on probation
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2011, 11:44 AM
    And as a note, it is also against site rules to give a person advice on how to break the law, which travel while on probation without permission would be

And you seem now just not wanting to ask for permisison since it is common to get permission for vacation all the time.
    abelmendoza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
    I'm wating to go to mexico to on probation I asked my counclor and he say prob not but ill ask the courts I'm going w family
    rs111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
    I realize this post is two years old however I spent hours trying to find information on the same thing because I wanted to go to the california-mexican boarder and thought, 'hey maybe this post will answer someone else's question'.

So I'm on probation in CA for a felony charge I got when I was 19, with a year to go (yay me). Ive been wanting to go to mexico for quite some time but hadn't been able to because of fear of getting arrest coming back home. But I like to live on the wild side so I decided what the heck. Last weekend my mom invited me to dine at her fav mexican restaurant, so I tagged along because I love me those mexican chips and delicacies. The entire wait to reach boarder patrol officers was completely nerve racking. After an hour of waiting in traffic we finally reached the officer who then asked for everyone's passport. Im sitting in the back seat trying to be nonchalant the entire time. The officer scanned all three of our passports and asks my mom to roll down the back window. He flashed a light in my face and glanced at my passport AFTER scanning it. He then asks for the trunk to be open, after ransacking it he hands my mom all of our passports and we were on our way!

As a condition of my probation I am not allowed to leave the state let alone the country! I was never asked to surrender my passport or passport card. I read on the travel.state.gov page, that a passport when scanned can only disclose a warrant, IF AND ONLY IF a probation or law enforcement agency gives a written notice to the passport agency issuing a warrant hold on a certain individual's passport. HOWEVER a probation officer or judge can write to the passport agency ASKING FOR A RECORD OF YOUR PASSPORT ENTRIES. What this means is, they can see when and where your passport was scanned. This is the way you can get in trouble for leaving the country. Then again I doubt many p.os and judges will go through the hassle.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/info/info_870.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who has gone to mexico on probation [ 18 Answers ]

Has anyone from the USA travaled to mexico while on probation? I want to know how customs works when you come back to the us.

Felon technically finished probation go to Mexico [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a felon who is just now finishing my supervised probation. I was told by the p.o. that once I was on unsupervised, I could go to any country for vacation without notice. I will get my notification in the mail, but I will not need it to travel. I already have my passport, it was not revoked or...

Traveled [ 1 Answers ]

A car is traveling at a constant velocity. After two hours the car has traveled 110 miles. After four hours the car has traveled 220 miles. Assuming a linear equation fits this situation, find the linear equation for the given data.

How far I traveled on bike [ 4 Answers ]

What I want to know is how to get some map program or something to tell me how far I bike to my next location. The thing is that I want to start and end at the same place and I can not find any programs that will let me do this. I want to tell it where I am going all I need to know is how far I...

Distance traveled [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm travling 90 miles per hour and hit a 60 foot ramp, that stands 16 feet tall. How far would I travel ?

View more questions Search