Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    direstraits Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Reconciling with the dates on the payment receipts with the posted dates on statement
    I pay a monthly assessment fee to my homeowners association. I always pay in person and obtain a dated receipt for my payment, but on two of the monthly statements, my payments were posted days after the dates on my receipts of payment. This resulted in being charged for a late fee on one and on the other, a lien fee was charged for recording a Lien after the I paid it (dated receipt). This can't be legal can it? Are there some kinds of laws that regulate accounting procedures to keep businesses from doing this and even profiting from this? They are refusing to correct the posted date, stated that it's their "standard accounting procedure. What are the accepted "standard accounting procedures" in this case? Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Use By Dates. [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so this question has been bothering me for some time (LOL). And, I finally remembered to ask it today! Okay so - Use By Dates... What is the deal with those... so it says 'Use By Oct. 8th' what happens on October 9th? Will it turn into a frog? Will it kill you if you eat it? Just curious....

Seller changing payment dates [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying my home through a Contract for Deed in Texas. For the past year, the seller has let me pay part of the payment by the 15th and the rest the next week. Now, she has sent me a letter via regular mail, stating that she will no longer accept the payment in 2 parts and that I must make the...

Do doctors make mistakes about conception dates and due dates? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand, can doctors be wrong about conception dates and due dates?

First dates [ 13 Answers ]

Hey, During my freshmen of high school I saw this girl. She was really beautiful,:) but I could never actually tell her. So now I'm a sophomore. Finally I told her how I felt. Now we talk every now and then. She knows that I that I don't have a girl yet. I've really been connecting with her,but...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.