Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vitzmidd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 02:02 AM
    NJ / PA State Income Tax
    I moved to Pa from NJ on 01/06/2006. When I moved, I never changed my NJ state tax withholding with my employer until about November of 2006, simply because I did not think about it. Now I know I will owe Pa tax and should get most of my NJ witholding back, what tax forms do I need to file with each state, will I have to pay a penalty in Pa and is NJ going to automatically question why I am getting most of my witholding back ? Help, thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 11:15 PM
    VitzMidd:

Okay, look up the tax forms on the state government websites.

Attach a copy of each state return to the other state tax return. That heads off the questions.

You may have to pay a penalty for not withholding the state income tax from your pay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreign Tax Deductions Against MD State Tax Liability [ 1 Answers ]

I worked in London for 8 months out of the year. I worked in Maryland the other 4 months. I know how to use foreign tax credits on my federal and social security liabilities. Is there any way to use foreign tax credits against my Maryland State and Local Tax liability? These taxes are for...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

What state would I pay income tax in? [ 1 Answers ]

If I worked in one state but lived in another, which one would I pay income tax in? Sates would prob be Vermont and New Hampshire, or MA and NH.

State taxes--source of income/residency [ 3 Answers ]

Hi So I was a student in NJ till last June (I'm still on F-1 from India), currently doing OPT in IL. I received a fellowship award to come work in IL for 11 months--the income was reported on 1099-MISC box 3. I'm filing as an independent contractor for my federal return. The non-profit that gave...

No state income tax [ 1 Answers ]

What other state besides Tennessee does not have a state income tax on individual earnings?

View more questions Search