Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Dec 3, 2011, 08:15 PM
    Lost my cat. Will she come back?
    My indoor cat got out last night. I spent all last night and all day today looking for her and I could not find her. I have left out food and some of my clothing and still no sign of her. She means everything to me and I am really worried she will never come back. I even crawled around in a neighbors crawlspace.

What are the chances she will come back? I know she is somewhere under my nose and frightened. Does anyone else have any similar stories that ended happily?

Please.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2011, 08:27 PM
    I hope she has been spayed!

Cats don't like change and don't usually move too far from what they know. They like being at home, so I'm guessing she's hiding in the area of your house somewhere -- in a corner of the garage or even under a bush on the outside of your house.

Many vets and animal shelters have a kindness animal trap. Borrow or rent one and set it up according to directions. This may be the best way to get her back into your loving arms.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2011, 08:45 PM
    Agree, normally they will not go far and they are creatures of routine. I agree with the trap but also they will come back in a couple days. She may well be scared and hiding also.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2011, 08:48 PM
    How old is she?

Please keep us informed. Thankfully, my rescued cats look at an open door and then look at me as if to say, "You're not going to make me go out there again, sister!"

Dec 3, 2011, 08:59 PM
    Thank you all for your replies. I just want some hope. I will rent a trap tomorrow when the SPCA is open
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2011, 09:02 PM
    If she has been in your house for more than two months, I'm guessing she's in the immediate area and you'll find her (or she will find you.)

Let us know!

Dec 4, 2011, 11:26 AM
    She hesitantly came back to me late last night :)

Thanks for all your help! I appreciate it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 11:37 AM
    Yay!! Thanks for letting us know.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Pet her once for us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat hair lost [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, well My cat Zoe won't stop losing hair. She's a white cat and I have heard that white cats could be allergic to certain things. I have tried things and they make her grow hair and then she looses it again. HELP! :(

Cat weight lost [ 5 Answers ]

My ginger taby cat is now 7 or 8 yrs old. He was quite a chubby cat. He now seems to be losing weight, however he still eats, plays, purrs and sleeps... his attitude hasn't changed. Is there anything I need to worry about?

Lost cat [ 1 Answers ]

We've been taking care of and feeding a stray cat for about 6 months now. It took him a while, but after a few months, he would cuddle next to us on the sofa and was really affectionate and loving. So, 2 days ago we bought a carrying case and decided to take him to the vet. Unfortunately, the...

Lost cat [ 1 Answers ]

We've been taking care of and feeding a stray cat for about 6 months now. It took him a while, but after a few months, he would cuddle next to us on the sofa and was really affectionate and loving. So, 2 days ago we bought a carrying case and decided to take him to the vet. Unfortunately, the...

Cat acting strange when bringing our cat we had before back home... [ 1 Answers ]

We have three cats; Kittie, Trinie, and Cleveland. The first two are girls and are younger than Cleveland by about 4 years. One of our cats ran away a month ago. I don't know how she got out but we couldn't find her anywhere. Yesterday she turned up in a neighbors yard, and then I brought her...

View more questions Search