Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14DMNer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Am I overthinking things?
    So I've been overthinking lately... I think. If I could just get some advice that would be awesome. Me and this girl I've been dating for about two months now have been having an awesome time together. I've know her since high school where she broke my heart but I realized it was probably for the best at the time. We hadn't seen each other in about five years and we both just got out of bad relationships this summer. This fall we began dating and When were together in person its great and we always have something to talk about and were always laughing and very physical with each other. When were not around each other I feel like recently its so hard to get through to her via text! Im not sure if its just my mind or what? I've helped her through a few problems already and I feel like were better because of it but I just can't shake that awful feeling that Im smothering her via text message. What should I do? She seems to let me in on her problems but I think Im just overthinking things cause I finally got a chance with her and don't want to screw things up? Help me!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 2, 2011, 09:42 PM
    First of all, you haven't given yourselves a chance to heal from your breakups. Not good.

Second of all, you're overdoing it with the texts and thus acting needy and insecure. You really want to scare her away?

Why not just be friends for awhile and get to know each other without the physical stuff? Give each other time and space.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2011, 08:49 AM
    Don't be so carried away with the texting, give her a chance to breath, and do her thing without answering to you. The problem is that you must not have a life without her that makes you happy, and get shaky when she isn't available to give you attention. Cut that out and have your own fun without her.

You know how irritating and annoying it is to stop what your doing for someone that gets scared when they can't reach out and touch you right now?

Relax, and let her have fun without YOU.
    IncognitoWifey Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2011, 07:31 PM
    I think it's best to make sure before you enter into a relationship that you first know one thing.

Are you comfortable with yourself?

If you can't be happy by yourself it's harder to be happy in a long term successful relationship.

You don't want to be her dependent... you want to be her partner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I overthinking things? [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy through a friend. He knew my best friends boyfriend, but I had seen him on a dating site before hand so when I found out he knew my mate, I messaged him. We spoke online for about a month, or so, when he invited me and my friend (and his friend from college) to a gig he was playing...

Overthinking everything about my relationship [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. I was incredibly happy. He a great guy.. funny, nice, and always there for me. Out of the blue, I began to doubt my feelings for him. Whenever I'm with him its always in the back of my mind if what we have is real. Whenever we kiss, I ask myself...

Do good things really fall apart so better things can fall together? [ 3 Answers ]

Heard this quote the other day that reads "good things fall apart so better things can fall together". This made me think about my current situation, my last relationship was good and after three months of it ending it still hurts that its over, but after finally sticking to NC I know I am doing...

I hate it when I do this - overthinking/worried again about first date! [ 1 Answers ]

On Sunday night I went out with this beautiful girl I've recently started talking to and it was our first official date. We went out to eat, had great conversation, serious eye contact and we walked around the small city shops and she put her arm in mine, held my hands at the table after we ate and...

View more questions Search