Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaibaker123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 06:07 PM
    How to start a small business.
    I live in a small town and my sister and I are trying to start a small business and do not know what we are really needing to do. Can someone help me find out what I need to do?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Hi Shai! The best place to start is the Small Business Administration. It is a government sponsored program that helps people like you get started. I don't know if there is an office in your area, usually they have them in larger cities. But, there may be a city that is close enough for you to get to. They hire a lot of retired people who have owned their own businesses and act as mentors to young people wanting to start their own businesses. You may also want to ask them about start up loans or govt help for a minority business if you are both women.

Here is the link to help you get started.

SBA

Hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure!:)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Your local Chamber of Commerce should have some information also. There are Regional Development Centers that work on developing small businesses, large businesses, etc. Those people can help develop a plan and search for funding.

I would start with the SBA - there may be special fundings out there for women that might apply to you and your sister. Best of luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small business [ 1 Answers ]

How can I start a smaal ready delivery concrete company in new orleans la.

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Start a small business [ 2 Answers ]

I'm working on staring a small business with a long time friend of mine, we are planing on re-opening an old comics and collectables shop in our hometown, the plus is we already have a good size client base the negative is we have no earthly idea what we are doing or even how to get the business of...

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search