Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobjay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2011, 03:49 PM
    I have a York Diamond 80 (installed 2001) that won't start
    I've replaced hot surface ignitor and pressure switch and no luck. If I remove tube from inducer and draw air from pressure switch, the ignitor begins to glow but not long enough for burners to start. Other times when I've tried this trick, the blower starts but burners do not. I checked the vent pipes on the roof and they don't appear to be obstructed -- was able to stick broom handle in all the way. The other furnace, which serves the ground floor, and is about 25 years old, still runs fine. Assuming both furnaces vent through the same pipe? Condensation pipes are the same. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Streetrod1977 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 10:42 AM
    If there are return air registers on the floor the heat will reach the floor. If no return air registers you will deffinetly have a problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York diamond 80? [ 0 Answers ]

York diamond 80 main burner ignites & goes out 7 red flashes after

York Diamond 80 [ 1 Answers ]

I need a Control Board for my Unit model #M3UF032SA-what is the cost and where can I purchase it?

York Diamond 80 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York Diamond 80 and blow motor continues to run even when the thermostat is in a off position. When you turn the thermostat to the on poisition and set to temp for heat the blower will turn off and the heat will kick in and will run fine. Once the house reaches it's temp. The heat will...

2001 York diamond 80 HVAC blower fan stops after 20 seconds (not in heating/cooling) [ 2 Answers ]

Just had the HVAC serviced (inspected) by firm that tightened loose wires outside, checked outside unit and inside blower, noting only slight dirt buildup on blower. Unit ran fine during tests. Next day, 2001 York diamond 80 HVAC blower fan stops after 20 seconds in the on position (not in...

York Diamond 90 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a york diamond 90 and I have 4 code show what could it be

View more questions Search