Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherinmathew Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
    determining the value of the gas constant, r, using Mg and a baby bottle
    At the end of the experiment a student spill some hcl solution as he pours it from the baby bottle to the preweighed 150mL beaker. He determines the final mass of the HCl beaker and solution ignoring the spilled solution. Would his calculated R value be too high or too low? Explain Why

Nov 30, 2011, 12:24 PM
    Suggest another method for determining the mass of HCl solution displaced

Nov 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
    Calculate value of R for 1.00 mole of gas having a volume of 22,400mL at 760.mm and 273K in units of mL X mm / mol X K. Show Work
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 30, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sherinmathew View Post
    Calculate value of R for 1.00 mole of gas having a volume of 22,400mL at 760.mm and 273K in units of mL X mm / mol X K. Show Work
    The ideal gas law is:

You have been given values for P (pressure), V (volume), n (number of moles of gas) and T (temp in kelvins), so you can calculate R by rearranging the formula:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A sample of helium gas occupies 1445 mL at 721 mmHg. For a gas sample at constant te [ 1 Answers ]

A sample of helium gas occupies 1445 mL at 721 mmHg. For a gas sample at constant temperature, determine the volume of helium at 745 mmHg.

Constant Level Water Bottle [ 0 Answers ]

I have a strange piece of equipment left by an ex meteorologist friend who has recently died. I am wondering if you can help me identify it and explain what it is used for. It consist of two glass tubes, joined together, side by side. The lager tube is about 60mm diametr and 145mm tall & is...

Drinking from a baby bottle [ 9 Answers ]

My little girl is 16 months and still drinks from a bottle. She knows how to drink from a sippy cup, a glass, and a water bottle but refuses to give up the baby bottle. I know I'm to blame for this, but I need to know what I should do to eradicate the bottle completely before she turns 2. I've...

Need to start bottle feed and some baby food for my 5month old son [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my baby is 5month old and only on breast feed; he is having lack of sleep as he gets up in every 30mins to 1 hour for milk in night. As I spoke to doc he asked me to start 1-2 time bottle feed as breast milk is not enough for him, I tried my best to feed him with bottle (formula and pumped...

Baby bottle decay or not [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have a 21month old baby girl. We have just this week noticed a small brownish yellow stain on her tooth. She has been on a lot of steroids, and I don't know if it is from her medicines or if it is decay from milk or juice. Her enamel on her teeth does not look thick, it actually looks...

View more questions Search