Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gapgirl2001sb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Vacation with Joint Custody
    I have joint custody with my girls' dad, he will not allow me to take our girls on vacation for my Mom's 50th Birthday... We want to go on a cruise... What is the procedure to get a court order or legal permission to leave the country. I have asked numerous times, but no change in answer. I don't know what to do, do I have to write legal letter requesting, then go to the cours?? This would be my first vacation with our daughters, it is important to me and my mom that my girls go and enjoy our family...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Unless your court order says you can't the procedure is to do it. How is he "stoping you"

Does your custody agreement say you can't take them on vacation?
    gapgirl2001sb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Unless your court order says you can't the procedure is to do it. How is he "stoping you"

Does your custody agreement say you can't take them on vacation ??
    Our agremment says we can not travel outside of the US, the cruise goes to four locations all outside.
    daddyof3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
    Your agreement is stopping you... my suggestions suck up and give him more time AFTER the cruise... put it in writing... maybe he will let you... or plan something else for her birthday that is inside the country.

By the way how would you feel if the roles were reversed?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 21, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyof3 View Post
    Your agreement is stopping you ... my suggestions suck up and give him more time AFTER the cruise .... put it in writing ... maybe he will let you .... or plan something else for her birthday that is inside the country.

btw how would you feel if the roles were reversed??
    Please pay attention to the dates on the threads. Your posting to a question that was asked almost 4 years ago.
    diannne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 03:23 PM
    So what if someone is answering an old question... people still reference old answers. This is a very common problem.I googled this question and read all the posted responses...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint custody [ 4 Answers ]

My brother who is seeking joint custody of his 8 mo old son and has never been married to the mother of his child, but the mother of his child has other children with different fathers had her children taken by CPS prior to her having my brothers son. My brother is wanting joint custody, however...

Joint custody [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is not married to the mother of his child who is now 8 months old. The mother has had other children with different men. She had custody of the other children at one time. The children were taken from her by CPS and given to the other fathers. My brother does have concerns for his son...

Divorce-joint custody [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I are separated and will be proceeding for divorce, we have agreed on joint custody however the children's prime residency will be with there Mother, we have agreed children come first, however, my husband thinks joint custody means he will not have to pay child support , please...

Joint custody [ 6 Answers ]

If parents are in high conflict and haven't spoken to each other since the mother was 4 or 5 months pregnant and the child is now 6 weeks old, will that keep the father from getting joint custody? The father refuses to talk with her and has a restraining order on her because she is verbally...

Full physical custody and vacation laws in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have full physical custody of both my daughters. My ex-husband is extremely irate with me because he now has a lien against him for unpaid child support. I am taking the summer off work and I'm planning on taking my daughters from California on a trip to Oregon for 3 weeks to visit...

View more questions Search