Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
    Collection Agency/Medical Office
    I have a medical bill that went to collection because of a clerical error on the mailing address. The agency is saying that it is too bad and your account would be delinquent if I do not pay all of the collection fees charged by the medical office and the interest charged by the collection agency. I am happy to pay the actual medical charges but not any of the excess fees because I was never provided with a bill. The collection agency and medical office is in the state of Utah. The bill was actually discovered when a loan application was made and found a collection claim on the credit report. There was not any notification of collection action or statements send because the mailing address was incorrect. Any assistance would be helpful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Have you tried talking to the medical office directly, perhaps even going in and talking to them about paying it off.

Unless they sold the debt, they can still take and collect the money, Since the collection agency would take from 25 to 50 percent of the debt, most likely the doctor will be glad to settle with you.

Beyond that, just tell this is your offer, you can't afford anything else. And wait to see what they will do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collection Agency [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter received a summons for a credit card dept she owed. She called the company and talked to them on how to resolve the dept. They gave her 3 options, two of which were impossible for her to do (did not make enough money to pay the amt they wanted) or a reduced fixed amount and it would...

Medical payments avoid collection agency [ 2 Answers ]

If I am paying my hospital bills each month, can the hospital still turn me over to a collection agency?

Collection Notice-Medical Office [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Georgia, I received 2 statements from a doctors office over the weekend. No one in our family has been to this office in last year, so I called and ask what it was from. I was told that they got a new computer system, and they merged with the old computers that were not previously...

Collection agency [ 2 Answers ]

I had a collection agency call me and told me that they would refuse my $15.00 payment cause they wanted $50.00, they found out that I own my house and that was all she wanted to know. I did send her a check for $15.oo can they still put a lean against my house even thu I am sending payments?

View more questions Search