Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classact6867 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 01:03 PM
    Can I have visitors in my apartment
    Once or twice a week I have my boyfriend spend the night.Can my landlord dictate who I have in the apartment?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
    Do you have a lease? What does it say?

If you do not have a lease and the landlord has said you cannot have overnight company he/she can evict you with property notice - I know it isn't fair, but you live in your apartment at the whim of the landlord.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 29, 2011, 04:20 PM
    Many leases say something to the effect that everyone staying there must be on the lease. This can get into a legal quagmire, but landlords can make it tough for you in all sorts of ways - jacking your rent way up next time, limiting parking, not renewing your lease. It's never good to have an adversarial relationship with one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting more visitors on my BLOG [ 40 Answers ]

HI there, I was wondering if there are tips, tricks, or methods to getting more visitors to your blog. It's been up two days, and still in progress. PS. I will certainly add it to my signature, I'm sure that''ll help a little. Thanks for the advice in advance.

Visitors not allowed at apartment. [ 4 Answers ]

Can a landlord in North Carolina ban visitors from helping/visiting a special needs handicapped person's apartment when the person needs people to bring her things and take her to specific places? The people only come to drop off or pick up and may stay for only a short time.

Keys and visitors [ 5 Answers ]

I received a letter from my landlords lawyer warning me of eviction if I do not remedy a breach in the lease. The tenant downstairs claims my girlfriend is permanently occuping the apt. w/ me. The lease states 1 occupant, my girlfriend has a set of keys and spends a significant amount of time...

Unexpected visitors [ 12 Answers ]

How should I handle family members who show up at my door unexpectedly. I have asked them repeatedly to call first to see if their visit is convenient for me, but for some reason they refuse to respect my wishes. Please advise. joycesewandsew

View more questions Search