Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbgut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Crown without core build up?
    My dentist told me one of my molar fillings was cracked (I didn't know and had no pain), anyway because it had been a large filling, he said I would need a crown. He drilled away the filling and put a temp crown on last week. Now I have received an explanation of benefits from the insurance company and he charged for both a crown and then separately a core buildup. As far as I know there was not any core buildup done. I have questioned my dentist office about this, but so far no answer. Wouldn't I know if there was a crown build up done, doesn't it require him to put something in the tooth? He didn't, all he did was drill and then put on a temp crown. I have had other crowns and feel I would know if this was done.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:26 AM
    A core build up is when the dentist rebuilds the tooth with filling material before doing the crown prep. It's a common procedure when a filling is cracked or there is not enough tooth surface to place a crown on.

http://www.vancouverdentist.com/pdfs/cro_cor_bui_up.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's better a dual core or a core 2 duo [ 2 Answers ]

What's better in a processor group a intel core 2 duo or a intel dual core

Why the third core of CT & VT are metering core. [ 2 Answers ]

Why the third core of CT & VT are metering core.

Crown lengthening procedure vs post & core *last molar, right side* [ 3 Answers ]

So not sure where to start. Dentist did an RC. Ground away my tooth (molar). Tells me I need a crown lengthening procedure. I looked into it and saw that most times this is not a necessary procedure. I had a post & core done on a front/top tooth which broke up to the gumline after the first crown...

Core tooth can be seen through new crown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Had a new crown fitted on my front tooth today, but I can see my own tooth through the crown.I had a root canal beforehand and I am now very worried that my tooth will turn black and will be seen through the crown.I was not told my new crown would be transparent and I replaced the old crown as...

View more questions Search