Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheree rollin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Hi I have paid off some debts but the continue to show up on my credit report which is hurting my credit score. How do I get those collections removed.

How do you go by getting old collections that been paid off your credit report that keeps showing up which is hurting you from getting refinanced.
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2007, 12:06 PM
    You need to contact each of the credit reporting agencies, Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax. They all have .com websites that you can visit and directly dispute the accuracy of paid debts not being reported correctly. You will have to mail them the proof you have that the debts are indeed paid. Make sure you only send them copies of what you have, and keep your records for future use. Some companies will later report it still being unpaid even after you've had it cleaned up, so you may have to do it more than once. It's a real pain, but take the time to do it and stick with it.

Also, if you're trying to refinance, most mortgage brokers that work for a large company do have credit repair departments that can and will assist you in cleaning it up.
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheree rollin
    hi I have paid off some debts but the continue to show up on my credit report which is hurting my credit score. How do I get those collections removed.
    Hi,
    I can tell you for a fact getting no matter how much time or money you spend and no matter who tells you it can be done. It is almost impossible to remove anything from a credit report. The best that may happen is getting an addendum added to the back of the report and since we as dealers, financers and institutions don't look further than your beacon score which is on the first page. What ever is added to the back of the report we probably aren't going to look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collections [ 4 Answers ]

In md what is the worst that a collection agency do to you when you have a judgement against you and you don't have money to pay them ,or you are paying them what you can What is the worst that can happen,

Because collections [ 2 Answers ]

What is the longest that a debt collector has to collect on a loan in BC? What kinds of bearing does the statute of limitations have on this?

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

Collections [ 1 Answers ]

What is the main difference between associative arrays and nested tables How to choose in pl/sql program Satya:)

View more questions Search