Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eljay1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2011, 10:07 AM
    I had a new crown put in, and it didn't seem to cause any issues...
    ... other than typical sensitivity. A week after having it in, I got a bad viral infection in my throat and sores on my tongue, and typical flu like symptoms. Since then (8 weeks), I still have swollen glands on that side. I have gone through extensive blood tests and am working with Drs. But my question here is, can having a silver filling removed and a new crown put in somehow cause an infection in my mouth like this? I'm just looking at all angles, and remembered I had the crown put in the week prior. Thank you
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2011, 06:17 AM
    The answer to your question is no, the removal of the existing amalgam filling and placing of the crown will not cause the kind of infection you have.
    Now, that being said, if the instruments that were used or if the dentist and/or his assistant were not wearing clean(fresh) gloves there is always a chance of something being transferred to you during the procedure. You might want to ask for a tour of the office to learn about their sterilization procedures.
    There is a lot of what you are experiencing (swollen glands, flu-like symptoms) going around where I live right now so it could also just be coincidence. Hope you feel better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just had a crown put and now my molar hurts every time I eat [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I had 4 teeth capped recently. One of the molars is really bothering me every time I eat. Root canal was not done nor were any x-rays done. This particular molar my dentist said the filling was overflowing and the dentin was exposed. The tooth was sensitive and hurt couple of times and...

Tooth pain after crown put in? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had crowns put in on the right side of my mouth. Two of them . One top one bottom. I feel sore and very uncomfortable when I chew. Is this normal? I also feel that I can't bite down all the way.

Why did my dentist put on a crown without a root canal? [ 5 Answers ]

Two years ago my dentist worked with my front incisors which had been broken in a freak pogo-stick accident when I was a child. Way back then, my childhood dentist told me one day the teeth might die and need root canals. Fifteen years later, I developed a blister over one of the incisors and...

Crown Lengething .how long before crown put on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding crown lengething. I had the procedure done when I had my wisdom teeth removed on a back molar and a temporary was placed on that tooth. Due to insurance issues I was not able to get the perminate till after the new year. How long does it take for the area to heal and...

View more questions Search